Thankful Thursday

by Lisa on September 4, 2008

Just wanted to post a quick Thankful Thursday. Life is good and full. I can’t share everything, at this time (that is my husband’s request). I can say that God continues to bless us and provide for our needs.

• I am thankful for a hardworking husband, who does all he can to provide for his family.
  • I am thankful for family, who loves and supports us.
  • I am thankful for Grace. She is such a joy, every minute!
  • I am thankful for the hope for the future, as God continues to lay the foundation, and for whatever that future may be.
  • I am thankful for my faith and my salvation.
  • I am thankful that Hurricane Gustav shifted and did not make a direct path for my town, as it was predicted to do, after it came inland.
  • I am thankful for weeks like this. We don’t have anything planned, and no where to be. Grace and I have just had quiet, peaceful, and fun days at home.

This week, Iris at Sting My Heart, is talking about seasons of our lives.

“For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: … a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted…”
~ Ecclesiastes 3:1-2

The season that my family has been walking through, has been hard, but so rewarding. To see the Lord bless us daily and to see Him meet our needs, when we feel the lowest, it is awesome. I am thankful for this season of our life. It has taught me how to truly trust in the Lord, be patient and wait on Him, as He meets our needs.

Now, you Thankful Thursday ladies, I know you are some prayin’ women. So, I am asking continued prayer for my husband, myself, and Grace, as we continue through this SEASON. Pray regarding my husbands employment and other requests that I would like to keep unspoken. I know that God knows our needs and request. It will be great to have you lifting these requests up, as well.

Don’t forget to come back on Tuesday for “Tempt My Tummy Tuesday” blog carnival. It is fun.

Angela Moore September 4, 2008 at 11:45 am

This is awesome! There is a group of us doing a 30 day challenge to be more positive and it involves making a list of things we are grateful for everyday. Feel free to join us!

Thanks for sharing this post!

Deanna September 4, 2008 at 12:24 pm

I am so thankful that God knows our needs whether we speak them with our mouth or simply with our hearts.

I am so glad that His grace is sufficient for each of us.

Trusting…
Deanna

gail September 4, 2008 at 12:25 pm

great list of things to be thankful for.

God bless!
ps: i’m going to have to check out your tempting tummy tuesdays sounds yummy!

Front Porch Legacy September 4, 2008 at 12:56 pm

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” – Philippians 4:6

I’ll be lifting you and your sweet family up in prayer today!

Melanie September 4, 2008 at 2:37 pm

Sounds like such a great week, Lisa!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Elouise82 September 4, 2008 at 4:37 pm

Thankfulness seems to be the mindset of the day! I understand the gratitude for a quiet week … we traveled almost all summer, and it was such a relief to come home and realize we didn’t have to go anywhere for over a month!

I pray the Lord directs your path and guides you through this time in your life.

Heather @ Not a DIY Life September 4, 2008 at 7:51 pm

God is so good! I know you see the blessings already, and God will continue to shower them down on you and you seek Him during this time.

Have a blessed week! And keep us in prayer as we prepare for Hanna to arrive in our neck of the woods!

Denise September 4, 2008 at 8:37 pm

Your family remains in my prayers sweetie.

Marsha September 4, 2008 at 9:42 pm

I’m adding you and your family to my prayer journal. Our heavenly Father knows your needs.

Have a blessed weekend.

MoziEsmé September 5, 2008 at 4:25 am

Thanks for sharing your thanks and reminding me of all I have to be thankful for!

Blessings from the Reeds September 5, 2008 at 10:20 pm

What an awesome blog! Loved reading it. Praying for you:)