Tempt My Tummy Tuesday…Frito Salad

by Lisa on March 23, 2009

Hello everyone and welcome to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. My sister, Lana, and I co-host this blog carnival. We share recipes, kitchen and cooking tips, restaurant reviews, and anything food related that you want to share. You know the rule of a blog carnival, please mention the blog or TMTT in your post and link back to us. Don’t forget to use Mr. Linky, down below.
(If your post was DELETED, go HERE for an explanation.)

My dear friend, Charlsie, shared this recipe with me, a few years ago. I know it sounds crazy and you aren’t sure you want to eat it. But, I am telling you, it is SO YUMMY and EASY!
Frito Salad

• 1 bag Chili Cheese Fritos
  • 2 cans whole kernel corn
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup mayo
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped

Mix all ingredients together, just before serving.

(Other options- use chopped green onions instead of the regular onion, use 2 can Mexican corn instead of plain corn.)

Here is a fun idea. Invite a few girlfriends over, for a “Girl’s Night“. Have everyone bring a different salad. Provide recipe cards so everyone can right down the recipes, at the end of the evening. You have just had a fun evening with your gal-pals, a tasty dinner, and received some great new recipes.

It was at a similar themed girl’s night, at our church, where my friend, Charlsie, shared this salad. It was something fun and different.

One last thing. I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to Lynn at Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures. I made her Peanut Butter Sheet Cake which she linked up, two weeks ago. I made it for a church gathering on Sunday night. It was AWESOME!!!!! Go check it out!

Deanna March 23, 2009 at 8:09 pm

We are on the same wavelength. I posted a salad recipe. Something about Spring just makes me think salad. I can’t wait to try yours!

Mary Beth March 23, 2009 at 8:10 pm

I love Fritos…they are a guilty pleasure…I could eat an entire bag by myself…if only I had a dog to blame for doing that it would make it so much easier…oh well..

Thanks so much…this sounds great!

Sherry March 23, 2009 at 8:19 pm

This sounds amazing and so easy! 😀 Thank you for sharing!

lana March 23, 2009 at 8:29 pm

Why have you never told me this recipe!?!?!?! Sounds SO good!

Live.Love.Eat March 23, 2009 at 8:32 pm

This does sound weird but I think I would like it….mucho mucho!!!!! I have always had a thing for Fritos.

Abby March 23, 2009 at 8:36 pm

I love this recipe! I had thought about posting it. You beat me to it!

The Happy Housewife March 23, 2009 at 9:08 pm

Can I just say that anything with Fritos is awesome. I have been craving them like crazy lately! Thanks for posting this.
Toni

Kristen March 23, 2009 at 9:17 pm

I have never heard of that salad. I think I may have gained a pound or two just reading it, but those are always the best recipes!

Amy @ Finer Things March 23, 2009 at 9:19 pm

One of my aunts always brings an “unusual” salad to family get togethers. They are always a big hit. You guessed it… she brought the Frito salad once. Yum!

Kate March 23, 2009 at 9:21 pm

Oh wow does that sound good! Chili cheese fritos are my absolute favorite too. I am SO trying this as soon as I go grocery shopping.

Jennifer March 23, 2009 at 10:02 pm

My favorite thing to do with Frito’s is Frito Chili Pie! Frito’s topped with chili, melted cheese, and a dollop of sour cream. mmmmm! The Frito Salad sounds like it could be just as good!

Hoosier Homemade March 23, 2009 at 10:22 pm

Wow, the Frito Salad looks great! And great idea for a Girls Night out too!
Thanks for hosting!
~Liz

Mrs. D Lightful March 24, 2009 at 12:10 am

Frito salad…what could be better! I LOVE fritos! What a great ‘healthy’ way to sneak those in there. Thanks so much!

Sarah March 24, 2009 at 5:22 am

I can’t even imagine what this tastes like. I’ll have to make it to find out – I do love Fritos!

Hoosier Homemade March 24, 2009 at 5:48 am

That salad looks great! And I love the Girls Night Out idea too!
Thanks for hosting!
~Liz

Stephanie March 24, 2009 at 6:12 am

Oh I just love Frito’s. Which is why I never buy a big bag. I would eat it all myself! I love the BBQ twists, sinfully delicious!

A happy heart at home March 24, 2009 at 7:29 am

Mmm, that sounds good! And the peanut butter sheet cake sounds excellent, too.

~Susan

Nanna March 24, 2009 at 8:29 am

That does sound interesting & cheesy LOL but you can't go wrong with fritos right? LOL
Helen

Amanda @ Mommy's Idea Book March 24, 2009 at 8:48 am

I’ve got to try that recipe. We love Fritos and that salad looks very tasty, not to mention super easy.

Michelle March 24, 2009 at 8:58 am

Is it wrong that I can’t eat Fritos? I think I’m missing a gene somewhere. I could TOTALLY see my husband going for this. Repeatedly! I love seeing all the fun different recipes posted up here each week!

Brenda March 24, 2009 at 9:10 am

I’m not sure I would call that a “salad”, but it does look good! 🙂

Angela March 24, 2009 at 9:16 am

I love ANYTHING with fritos! Yum!

Samantha March 24, 2009 at 9:47 am

Fritos are one of my favorite snacks, cant wait to try this, it looks yummy !
Thanks for hosting and have a very blessed day !

shopannies March 24, 2009 at 10:55 am

Man sounds great for potlucks

Katie March 24, 2009 at 11:13 am

Hi there, just stopping by to get some culinary inspiration! We haven’t made anything new the last two weeks, all of those recipes were from my Everyday Food magazine, that we liked enough for me link up but I do enjoy coming by for more ideas!

Had to say that the Frito salad sounds great! In Santa Fe, where we used to live, Frito Pie was very popular which sounds kind of bad but was soooo good. It’s a very popular dish in NM, but we haven’t had it since we left since the chili’s we find in MI just don’t taste the same.

Julie March 24, 2009 at 12:46 pm

What a great recipe!! thanks

The Parson's Wife March 24, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Thanks for inviting me over vie the UBP… great meeting you, I love the idea of fritos in a salad, yumm-o!

Amydeanne March 24, 2009 at 2:47 pm

oh hey! i didn’t realize you hosted tempt my tummy, i’ve seen it a lot in my little bloggy world! great meme! i’m always on the prowl for a new recipe

~Tara March 24, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Hi Lisa, thanks for stopping by my blog! Isn’t this blog party stuff fun?? Your Grace is beautiful…my daughter’s name is Kassie Grace, I know you must have good taste…how cool that you host TmTT, I had just recently saw soemthing and wanted to check it out, now I know and would love to participate next week…looking forward to snooping around your blog somemore. Good luck in my giveaway…you’ve got 2 entries!

newlyweds March 24, 2009 at 3:10 pm

Ok your killing me with this Frito salad, I just love Frito’s and I know this will be too good!

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home March 24, 2009 at 6:26 pm

Sounds great. I love fritos.

Lori March 24, 2009 at 7:47 pm

How unusual…yet it really does sound good. Anything with fritos and cheese HAS to be good! 🙂

Lindsay March 24, 2009 at 9:38 pm

Mmmm…so many recipes, so little time. Some of these will definitely make my menu plan!

Pamela March 24, 2009 at 10:04 pm

yummy girls night out I need one

Cris March 25, 2009 at 7:02 am

Oh what a great idea, my kid will love this!

Carolyn Mom March 25, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Girl, I can’t wait to try this! You know I love Fritos!
This doesn’t sound like it’s on my diet right now though.
This will be good to take to a party we are going to this Saturday night.

Anonymous March 25, 2009 at 10:53 pm

車燈來看看唷!
情趣用品對一般人來說充滿神秘動人的吸引力,許多人想一窺情趣用品究竟,卻又不敢太過接近,因為這個領域充斥著謠言與標籤、讓許多人深怕一碰及就會讓別人投射以異樣的眼光看待。

如果大家稍微留意一下,不難可以發現一些事,大多人在逛街時對每一間情趣用品店的櫥窗都會向內張望後姍姍離去,有一些人卻是假裝目不斜視的走過。畢竟台灣人的觀念並沒有像國外一樣的開放,所以還無法很公開與光明正大的踏進情趣用品去選購一些情趣用品。

利用網路購物的方式去選購情趣用品是相當方便的一件事情,可以從網頁上獲得商品的詳細介紹而不必害羞的去詢問店員商品的使用方法,並且在商品的介紹上面也不亞於從店員那獲得的資訊,有些甚至還更詳細一些。

在台灣有許多情趣用品訂購網站,從以前只有少樣的情趣用品到今日數百種的情趣用品看來,這種促進閨房之樂的東西已經漸漸地為人們所接受與喜愛。

但以目前的市場來說,絕大部分的情趣用品網站皆以銷售台灣、大陸製造的情趣用品居多。原因很簡單:成本低廉,卻也因此犧牲了品質和安全性!情趣用品是直接與自己和最親密的另一半的身體接觸,為了節省一點點的金錢而選擇品質粗糙的廉價黑心情趣用品,實為相當不智的選擇。

我的站點介紹:情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣情趣,

賣克
要找搬家公司要打哪隻電話
我想買一台二手車來開

我想買一台led車燈很亮
我想買一台led自行車燈很亮

jsprik March 26, 2009 at 9:49 am

you can use these to make a “walking taco”, too…just add everything to make a taco to a bag of fritos and your good to go!! 😉

tolerance September 14, 2009 at 3:24 am

I love everything and I was wondering how I could make a Japanese School Uniform. You'll need cloth of course probably navy or white for the majority. Costume of Final Fantasy Cosplay, Bleach Cosplay and Kingdom Hearts Cosplay has a feature article on the Japanese School Uniform fashion.

tolerance September 14, 2009 at 3:24 am