Hello everyone and welcome to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. My sister, Lana, and I co-host this blog carnival. We share recipes, kitchen and cooking tips, restaurant reviews, and anything food related that you want to share. You know the rule of a blog carnival, please mention the blog or TMTT in your post and link back to us. Don’t forget to use Mr. Linky, down below.PLEASE DO NOT HOST YOUR OWN Tempt My Tummy Tuesday with Mr. Linky. Thank You.
(If your post was DELETED, go HERE for an explanation.)
Ase the warm weather arrives, we start to think of picnics, pool parties and staying cool, in Texas. Here is one tasty way of doing just that! (Thanks to my friend, Lori, who made this cake for our church gathering last night. It was awesome!)
Prep Time: 3 hours, 20 minutes
* 20 ice cream sandwiches (regular, strawberry or neopolitan)
* 1 12 oz. jar hot fudge sauce
* 1 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
* candy sprinkles for the top (optional)
1. Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place one whole ice cream sandwich and one half of an ice cream sandwich side by side across the short end of a 9 x 13 pan.
2. Next to those ice cream sandwiches, arrange 8 more ice cream sandwiches lengthwise, to cover the bottom of the pan.
3. Place hot fudge sauce in a microwave-safe container. Heat on high for 30 seconds. Spread half of the sauce over the ice cream sandwiches.
4. Top with half of the whipped topping.
5. Repeat layers: ice cream sandwiches, hot fudge sauce and whipped topping. Scatter sprinkles over top.
6. Freeze, uncovered 2 hours. Cover with foil and freeze another hour.
I also wanted to share a recipe that a dear family friend sent me, via email, last week. She enjoys Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and is on facebook, but does not blog. So, I said I would love to post this recipe for her. We all LOVE crock pot recipes. Kathy was my Sunday School teacher way too many years ago, when I was in high school. Thanks Kathy!
Crock Pot Taco Casserole
|1 ½ lbs ground beef
Salt and pepper to taste
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 envelope Taco Seasoning mix
Vegetable oil or PAM spray
9 corn tortillas (5 ½ inch)
½ cup chicken broth
½ cup tomato sauce
|10 oz can Enchilada Sauce
1 ½ cups cheddar cheese
2 cans beans, drained, rinsed
11 oz frozen whole kernel corn
1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
2 ¼ oz can chopped ripe olives
Brown ground beef, with salt, pepper, onion and garlic 8-10 minutes until cooked completely. Drain thoroughly. Add taco seasoning and set aside.
Brush inside of crock pot with oil or non-stick cooking spray. Place 3 tortillas to cover bottom of crock pot. Top with beef, then ½ can Rotel, then broth, then tomato sauce, then enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with ½ cup cheese. Layer 3 more tortillas; top with beans, corn, other ½ Rotel, ½ cup cheese. Top with remaining 3 tortillas, remaining ½ cup cheese and remaining olives.
Cook on high setting for 2 ½ -3 hours or on low for 6-7 hours. Uncover for last 30 minutes. Top individual servings with a dollop of sour cream.
*I don’t like beans or olives, so, I made it without the beans and used 2 ½ lbs of ground beef and no olives. We did this at our office for a luncheon; each of us brought ingredients. We layered it upon arrival and did the 3 hour method and had a wonderful lunch! I was VERY skeptical, but it was really yummy! The leftovers kept very well, too!
I am linking this post to I am Blissfully Domestic.
Hey everyone. Looks like the Mr.Linky website/server is having problems this morning. It went down about 8am. Try coming back later to link up, or leave your link in the comments.