Tempt My Tummy Tuesday….Pigs in a Blanket

by Lisa on November 16, 2009

Welcome to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. Check out Lana’s site, as well. We co-host TMTT. You know the rules to a blog carnival, link back to this post, mentioning Tempt My Tummy Tuesday or Blessed with Grace Blog. Thanks.

I recently made pigs in a blanket and thought I would share our breakfast treat with you. Of course, these are great as appetizers for a party or to munch on during the big football game.

Ingredients:

• Can of biscuits (Or homemade for my true Suzy Homemakers 😀 )
  • Package of Hillshire Farms Turkey Lit’l Smokies Cocktail Links

Preheat oven at 375.
1. Cut biscuits into quarters. Flatten the biscuit and wrap the link in the dough.

2. Place on an un-greased cookie sheet.
3. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
Mmmmmm…… Now, don’t those little piggies look nice and cozy in their blankets?
I like to dip mine in mustard. Hubby is a purist and Grace is a pig girl. She “unwraps” her pig and only eats the sausage link.

Another variation on the theme: Use refrigerated cresent dinner rolls instead of biscuits.

UnfinishedMom November 17, 2009 at 9:16 am

This is perfect timing! There was a coupon for Li'l Smokies in Sunday's paper. We love pigs in a blanket at our house and I haven't made them in sooooooo loooooong. The kids will be thrilled!

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect November 17, 2009 at 9:47 am

Mmmmm! I love those things and never think to make them. I like them with mustard, too! 🙂

Tami November 17, 2009 at 10:14 am

These are one of the first things my boys learn to make. They love them. A great variation is to throw in a slice of apple with the sausage before baking…yum 🙂

Julie@comehaveapeace November 17, 2009 at 11:40 am

Why didn't I ever think of using biscuits? Was so stuck on crescent rolls that I missed the options! 🙂

These are also traditional New Years Eve party food for us.

shortmama November 17, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Came over from Running Away, Ill Help You pack and linked up a recipe form my food blog! Love this!

jsprik November 17, 2009 at 3:20 pm

mmmmm i love those kind of piggies in those kind of blankies!! 🙂 thnx hun!! 🙂

Iris November 17, 2009 at 9:28 pm

Moving is always hard, especially when it means moving away from your family! But you're going to have a great time being so close to your husband's family for a while! Good luck!