I am glad you are joining us for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, this week. I co- host with my sister, Lana. Please be polite and follow the rules of a blog carnival, mentioning TMTT and linking back to this post from your blog post. Thanks.
Okay, now don’t roll your eyes and say, “Really, Lisa? Is tuna salad the best you can come up with, this week?” I know tuna salad is a simple meal. But, I bet most of us make it different. There are so many variations on this theme. I know I make it different almost every time. So, today, while making the tuna for lunch, I thought I would snap a few pictures and write a TMTT post, asking you to tell me what different ingredients you enjoy in your tuna.
- mayo – several tablespoons (I like it really creamy.)
- mustard – one tablespoon
- 1 large can tuna fish (chunk white in water)
- onion flakes to taste ( or fresh finely chopped onion)
- baby kosher dill pickles, chopped – about 2 tablespoons
- Lawry’s Seasoning salt – just a dash
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 4 eggs boiled (I like it full of eggs!)
1. Boil your eggs.
2. While eggs are boiling, I mix all my other ingredients.
3. Once eggs are done, I use one of my favorite Pampered Chef gadgets. It’s an egg slicer! Love it.
4. Stir the eggs into the tuna mixture. Stir, stir,stir.
Now, I don’t know anything better to accompany a tuna fish sandwich than Cheetos! YUM!
So, what do you like in your tuna? Sometimes I will chop up an apple and add to the mix, as well. Tell me your family’s tuna recipe.