I am glad you are joining us for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, this week. Please be polite and follow the rules of a blog carnival, mentioning TMTT and linking back to this post from your blog post. Thanks.
A few weeks ago, Grace and I were visiting our family in Wisconsin. While there, my sister in law’s mother came, one night, to cook us dinner. I KNOW! How awesome is that? A mother’s cooking – there is just nothing like it. Anyway, besides cooking a fabulous meal, she brought everything for the kids to make our dessert. Using a traditional Rice Krispies treat recipe, some chocolate chips, and candy sprinkles, dessert was made!
- The children helped make the original marshmallow rice krispies treats.
- They proceeded to roll them into individual balls, sticking a Popsicle sticks in eqch.
- Next melt package of chocolate chips, in the microwave, stirring frequently.
- Dip the Rice Krispies treat balls in the melted chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still melted, dip the treat into the sprinkles.
- Finally place on a cookie sheet to cool and set. You could put them in the fridge if you are in a hurry. We just let them sit until after dinner. They were a perfect summer dessert and so much fun to eat!
Below are pictures of Grace enjoying her treat, in the arms of her Uncle Mike.