Welcome to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. I am so glad you are joining us today. I co-host TMTT with my twin, Lana. This blog carnival is all about sharing recipes, cooking tips, and wonderful kitchen and cooking finds. This is a very talented community of cooks. I know you will find something to tempt you.
This Thursday is my last summer meeting for our Ladies Book Club at church. (I LOVE these ladies!) During the school year this group is a bible study. This summer we did something different. We have been reading Beth Moore’s book So Long Insecurity: You’ve Been a Bad Friend to Us. I highly recommend this book! Anyway, since Thursday is our last meeting, we are having a little something extra – lots of tempting breakfast treats. I have already shared my favorite breakfast casserole with the ladies, so I thought I would bring something different. I am going to make Sausage Balls and Lemon Poppy Seed muffins.
I know I have shared the sausage ball recipe before. But I thought I would share it again. This recipe is easy and the pre-cooked balls will freeze well -making them a great idea for quick cooking when getting those kiddos off to school, this fall. The muffins will freeze well, also. I am looking forward to what the other ladies will bring, as well.
1 lb hot sausage
1 lb mild sausage
12 oz Sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
12 oz Mild Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
4 cup Bisquick
Mix all ingredients together. (You have to use your hands and just get messy with it!) Roll in small balls. Place on cookie sheets. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Best served warm.
This Lemon Poppy Seed recipe is great, as well.
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins (recipe from AllRecipes.com)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup nonfat lemon yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease the bottoms only of 12 muffin cups.
- Beat the milk, oil, lemon yogurt and egg together. Stir in the flour, white sugar, poppy seeds, lemon zest, lemon oil, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). For 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle with glaze immediately and let cool on rocks.
- To Make Glaze: Stir the confectioners’ sugar with the lemon juice and mix until smooth and of drizzling consistency. Add drops of milk if thinning is necessary.
I hope you enjoy these recipes and thank you for lining to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.
I have linked this post to No Whine Wednesday and It’s a Blog Party.