First I want to remind you all, we will be hosting Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at the At The Well website, next week. The post will go up at 12-midnight for Tuesday morning. I know many of you are used to posting on Monday evening. I hope this is not too much of an inconvenience. We will host TMTT every second Tuesday of the month at At The Well. I will have a post, on Blessed with Grace, reminding you and giving you the link. I do hope you are will join us, next week, At The Well.
Today I am sharing a tasty crock pot meal. I love crock pot meals, and I know many of you are fans, as well.
- 1- large onion, finely chopped
- 1-large green bell pepper, chopped
- 4-5 large chicken breast halves, skin and fat removed (about 3 1/2 lbs)
- 1- 8oz can crushed pineapple, including juice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (I used reduced sodium broth.)
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce ( I used reduced sodium soy sauce.)
- 1 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/3 cup long-grain white rice, cooked according to package directions
In large crock pot, combine onion and green pepper. Arrange chicken over vegetables. In medium bowl, combine pineapple and juice, broth, sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, salt, if desired, and black pepper. Stir to mix. Pour over chicken.
Cover and cook on high 1 hour. Reduce heat to low, stir chicken into sauce, and cook an additional 5-6 hours or until chicken is done.
Remove and reserve chicken in medium bowl. Transfer liquid and vegetables to saucepan. Quickly boil down sauce, stirring frequently, to thicken slightly. Meanwhile, slice chicken meat. Arrange rice on serving platter. Arrange chicken slices over rice. Pour sauce over all.