Say a prayer…

by Lisa on September 13, 2010

I start a new journey, today. I have joined a fitness club and have an appointment with a personal trainer, this morning! Oh my !!!!
This is SO OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE! You would know that if you could see me. I am overweight and out of shape. Actually that could be an understatement. I’m just sayin’. Anyway, I am excited and anxious all at the same time
I have a dear friend who has also joined the fitness club. She has been a personal trainer and fitness instructor for years, but has taken time off, as she has been very busy with babies at home. She is also going to be helping me and keeping me accountable. Thank goodness.
I’ll keep you updated on the progress.

lana September 13, 2010 at 8:46 am

super proud of you!!!!! Maybe if we both get serious about this when we finally take a 40th bday trip we look all sassy and young!!!

Gretchen September 13, 2010 at 9:44 am

You go!!!! I know how hard it can be, especially when you love to cook. The Weight Watchers magazine continues to help me. It took me 10 years to lose my 50 lbs., but I have been at my goal for 2 years now. The thing that helped me the most was keeping a food journal. You may want to check out myfitnesspal.com. They have some really good tools.

Lisa September 13, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Thanks, Gretchen. I know you have worked hard and look GREAT! I know Weight Watchers works and I need to do that, as well. My parents are on WW and have been doing well. They come to visit, this week. So, to help them and ME, I think I will be making some good WW menus. 🙂

tammy September 13, 2010 at 8:14 pm

You CAN do it!!!

Lisa September 13, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Thank you, Tammy!

Liz September 13, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Very exciting! Let me know how it goes!

tara September 14, 2010 at 2:17 pm

I just want to encourage you, I have been going to the gym and working and working out regularly since March. I have come to love the workouts and the time spent there, but was not seeing the numbers on the scale move. I was so obsessed. So hubby hid the scale from me, I still work out and get rave reviews from people all the time.
I have recently committed all this to the Lord and I am trusting Him alone to see to my loss as I sweat it out.
Be encouraged there are many of us overweight out of shape women at the gym. We have to start somewhere.

Lisa September 15, 2010 at 8:14 am

Tara, thank you SO MUCH for your words of encouragement.