Yes, you read that title correctly. This dish is a Mexican pasta dish. Instead of taco shells – you are using large pasta shells. My sweet new friend, Carrie, made this dish for our small group, last night. I am so sorry I did not snag a picture before we started eating. When she told me she was making a Mexican dish using pasta shells, I thought I heard her wrong – then I was a little concerned. But, this recipe is great! Everyone in the group loved the dish. AND Carrie said this is her childrens’ favorite meal. !!!WINNER!!! You know how much I love Mexican and sharing new recipes. So, I hope you enjoy! I found the recipe on the Betty Crocker website. I LOVE Betty!
Mexican Pasta Shells
- 12 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 lb lean hamburger meat (Other option: use turkey meat, or replace meat with beans)
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded Colby- Monterrey Jack cheese blend (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup crushed corn chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
I hope your family will enjoy this dish, as well!