The healthy journey.

by Lisa on September 23, 2010

You may remember my post, two weeks ago, where I wrote about joining a gym.   On the first day, I could barely finish 5 minutes on an elliptical trainer.  Now, just under two weeks, I am have gone 21 minutes.  For me – THIS IS HUGE!  I have had a one hour session with a trainer.  Boy, that was a work out.  By the end of that session, I was a limp noodle.  But, I was proud of myself for doing it.

I have lost just under 5 pounds and that is exciting!  I have so far to go ,and I know I need to really keep an account of what I am eating and my portions.  Otherwise, all this exercise will be in vain.

Tomorrow I will have another one- on- one session with the trainer.  She has been great – encouraging, supportive, but won’t let me give up when I think I need to stop.  I am excited about tomorrow. I know it will be hard, but good, too.  I have never looked forward to “going to the gym to workout” before. This is new to me and I am glad.  It is hard, but I know the benefit to my health is worth it.

So, that is how my new healthy journey is going.  I just thought I would give you and update, and let you know – I AM NOT GIVING UP!

lana September 23, 2010 at 2:24 pm

I’m so proud of you!!! I haven’t been walking since my diverticulitis attack and then my allergies went nuts. I think walking for 45 minutes in the allergy laden air would make me croak. BUT I think I’m gonna pull out my pilates DVDs… Keep up the good work! What is our new motto, Fit and 40?

Gretchen September 23, 2010 at 3:37 pm

I am so happy for you! You will definitely be successful with such a great start and such a good attitude 😉

Candi @ Family Stamping and FOOD! September 23, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Awesome!!! Good for you Lisa! It’s so hard, but there are several of us on this similar journey. I have a 50 pound goal by next the end of next year. I’m trying to be realistic. LOL! Some of us have joined forces and sharing our 30 Day Shred daily journals via email with each other. I’ve been doing the Shred off and on over the past 2 years, but never past 6 days in a row, and never further than level 1. Today is day 4 and I’m so pooped, but know I have accountability to the other girls who have motivated to get it done without excuses. Keep up the good work!

Lisa September 23, 2010 at 5:09 pm

That is great, Candi. I knew Cheryl (TidyMom) was doing the Shred, too. Yeah! We can do it! Thanks for the encouragement.

Vera Yoder September 23, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Congratulations! I am just starting a walking program myself. I just turned 55 this summer and it my self control went plummeting. Seems I have been watching my weight all my life and I’m not sure what happened to my brain when it hit me that I am 55. But it is time to take back control again!!!

I want to find out about the Shred. Sounds intresting! I need a support group!!

You are doing great. Keep it up!!
Vera

Lisa September 24, 2010 at 8:05 am

Thanks, Vera.

Carolyn Mom September 24, 2010 at 9:34 am

We are so proud of you!! 21 minutes! WoooHooo!!! I could alread tell you were loosing weight! Keep up the good work.
Miss you already!
Love,
MeMaw and PaPaw

pam September 25, 2010 at 8:11 am

keep updating us, i need the encouragement to get active