Fitness update…my goal and progress

by Lisa on October 9, 2010

***FIRST –  Don’t miss out on my awesome  giveaway– sponsored by RO*TEL. It includes a $50 grocery gift card!!***

I'm on my way!

Well, it has been one month since I first joined the fitness club and began working out.  I have been working with my training for four week!  I have been to the gym at least 3-4 times each week.  I have changed my eating habits, and I am feeling good!

So, I know most of us cannot pay to have a personal trainer.   I have always been annoyed when a celebrity talks about her weight loss and how she did it – then she mentions the personal trainer who came to her house and made her work 2 hours each day.  I’m not doing that. LOL!  But, I am paying for my trainer, Heather to work with me, for one hour, twice a week.  The rest of the week, I work out on my own.  It is a commitment and a dent and sacrifice in our budget.  But, my husband and I agree it is worth it.

I want you to understand – I am not a few pounds over weight.  I am over 100 pounds overweight!!  I have paid tons of money, through the years, to do the latest program – diet bars, pills, and drinks.   Now I am ready to do it the correct way – eating healthy and exercise.  I am not saying I am dieting.  I am making a change in my eating habits; making healthier choices in my everyday life, which includes cutting high fats, decreasing my caloric intake, decreasing my portion sizes, and adding regular exercise.

My goal – to lose 100 pounds in one year.  Sound like a big goal?  I think it is.  But, I know it can be done.  I have decided it is time!!!

My trainer, Heather, agrees this is a goal I can achieve and she is willing to help me get there.  Oh, I am not deluded.  It will mean hard work, time at the gym when I do not want to go, choosing to make huge changes in my eating habits.  I think you all know, after following my blog and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday – I LOVE FOOD.  I LOVE to cook for myself and others.  I take pride in making food that people love.  So, I am going to have to change how I look at my love affair with food.  I can continue to enjoy cooking, and eating – I just need to learn how to make delicious food which is healthier for my family and myself.

I want to be healthy and teach healthy habits to my daughter. I want to be able to run and play with Grace, without being winded and out of breath. I want to walk up our stairs, to the second floor, and not have my knees hurt.  I want this!!

So, after four weeks –  I have lost 10 pounds!!!  This coming week, Heather will remeasure me and I will find out how many inches I have lost.  That is exciting, because I already feel my clothes fitting differently.  Woo hoo!! It is a start.   A very good start!

Philippians 4:13 (New International Version)

13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Romans 8:11 (New International Version)

11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

I have that same Spirit living in me.  If the Spirit of God can raise Jesus – surely he can help this fat, unhealthy woman in her journey!  I have prayed and asked for the help. I trust Him!

I feel God giving me the strength to do this. I know I can do this, with the support of my friends, family and the strength given to me, from my God. My God can do ANYTHING, including helping a desperately overweight woman regain her health and life!

Heather @ Not a DIY Life October 9, 2010 at 12:46 pm

So very, very proud of you, Lisa!!! 1o lbs in 4 weeks is an awesome start!

I was repeating Philippians 4:13 to myself as I ran this morning. No, this is not an easy journey. But by focusing on healthy eating and exercise, you will see the results that you want. To God be the glory!

Lisa October 9, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Heather, thank you. I KNOW you KNOW what this is all about. You have been a big encouragement to me, seeing your Mamavation updates, this past year. Thanks for being that example for me. Congrats on your run, this morning and upcoming 5K!

Deb October 9, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Excellent!!

Lana October 9, 2010 at 7:36 pm

so very proud of you!

Candi October 9, 2010 at 8:48 pm

You are amazing!!! I was doing the 30 day shred and after 10 days I lost 3 lbs. I was thrilled. Like you, I too am overweight by about 75 lbs. My goal is 50 lbs by next summer. I’m really hoping we succeed on this journey. Looking forward to reading more about your journey.

Lisa October 10, 2010 at 8:19 am

Candi- Oh girl – the Shred!! Good for you! We can do this thing – girl. We can do it!!

Pamela Lopez October 9, 2010 at 8:56 pm

I wish you all the luck you need. I’m proud of your couragement and enthusiasm to do this. I know how hard it is to even start. I’ve been slowly gaining weight for 3 years. A total of 80lbs. I can not in the life of me, start a program. I will keep reading your blog for inspiration.
Pam

Lisa October 10, 2010 at 8:19 am

Pam, I totally understand where you are at. Been there, for years! You have to be ready mentally to do something like this. You have to do it in your time – no one else’s. Otherwise, there is no point to start. I have learned that the hard way. Blessings-Lisa

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy October 9, 2010 at 10:01 pm

You sound so excited about your goals!! It is contagious! I have both a food blog and a diet blog so I totally get having to balance both. I love good food too, (who doesn’t) but needs to balance it. Good for you, I hope you reach your goals!!

I agree, if you have complete trust in God and live by his standards, He will be with you. Pray for his holy spirit to strengthen you on your journey!

Lisa October 10, 2010 at 8:20 am

Thanks, Debbi!

Lisa @ Simplified Saving October 11, 2010 at 10:24 am

Lisa,

I am so proud of you! 10 pounds in 4 weeks is amazing!

I started 2010 about 100 pounds overweight and my goal was to lose 50 pounds this year. I’ve lost over 60 this year and my time at the gym and the help of my trainer made a huge amount of difference! I agree with you…it’s better to spend the money on doing things the right way instead of hoping for a quick fix. (I’ve been hoping for a quick fix for a long time and really wanted to get my act together, but I had to be mentally ready to do it and to do it for me and for my family). This year, I was finally ready to do it and that’s what I’ve been doing. I’ve been slacking for the last month or two, but reading your post has inspired me to get back to it hard core! If I could lose another 15 pounds this year, I’d be almost to my goal!

Keep up the great work! You’ll be at your goal before you know it! And keep posting, I can’t wait to read about your progress!

Lisa October 11, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Oh, I am so encouraged to see how much you have lost, this year, and that you are doing a similar thing as I!! Thank you for the comment. We can do it!! 🙂

Brenda October 11, 2010 at 7:02 pm

I lost over pounds since January on WW and I really think its the best diet plan I have ever been on. My husband has lost over 60. We just did the online plan, never went to meetings, but it really helped us to change our eating habits and incoorporate healthier choices. Like carrying a bag of sliced apples with me in my purse almost all the time. I’m going to stay on it until I lose the last ten, but its still hard. Give yourself 3-4 months to lose the cravings-for sweets or fats or whatever.

We also started exercising and I can honestly say I feel better.

Since January a lot of my recipes post have been low cal, lots of them dessert because I just can’t give that up- so take a look when you have a chance. Congrats on a great start! You go girl!

Lisa October 11, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Brenda, I joined WW online as well. That is helping me too! Thanks. I appreciate reading success stories like yours. 🙂

cheryl October 14, 2010 at 12:26 am

Well done! Keep it up sister! I’ve been struggling with my weight ever since the birth of my daughter Nicola and she’s twelve years old now. Just like you, I love eating, cooking and baking. You’ve given me some food for thought. It time for me to get on walking. Have a blessed day.