This week I wanted to share one of my most favorite cakes! Now, I know the tradition is for everyone to have pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. But, why don’t you try something different this year? Why not try pumpkin cake? I found this recipe, around 5 years ago. It is super moist and so good. I will be making this cake for my husband’s office party/Thanksgiving feast, on Friday.
(I apologize for no cake picture, yet. I will be making it on Thursday. I promise to take a picture and share it, next week!)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil (I use 1 cup nonfat sour cream.)
- 1 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 (8oz) box cream cheese (I use low-fat.)
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven 350. Grease and flour 9×13 pan.
- In mixing bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 – 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Prepare icing by beating together the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar. Evenly spread over cooled cake.
I am so excited to see what you are cooking. I know you are thinking about the upcoming Thanksgiving festivities. Please remember, this season is about being thankful for all we have and have been given.