Tempt My Tummy Tuesday…. Sweets for the New Year’s Eve Party

by Lisa on December 27, 2010

I have referred to several of these recipes during the Christmas season either on my blog or my Facebook updates. I make these recipes, each year. I made double batches, this year, for my husband’s office staff meeting. I thought I would share them again, in case you still need some ideas for the New Year’s Eve parties.
Butterscotch Haystacks:

Hay Stacks

* 1 large bag butterscotch chips
* 1 large can shoe string potato chips (some people use Chinese noodles)
* 2 Tbsp peanut butter

(Other variations – you can add dry roasted peanuts to the mix.)
Melt the butterscotch chips. Stir in peanut butter. Then, gently stir in the shoe string potatoes, making sure to completely coat the potato strings.
Spoon out small “piles” of the mixture onto wax paper. You can put them in the refrigerator or freezer to speed the hardening process. Now, try not to eat them all before sharing them with others.  (The pictures of the Haystacks is a single batch.  I later made another batch, too.)Rocky Road Fudge:

Rocky Road Fudge

1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 Tablespoons butter
2 cups dry roasted peanuts
1 (10 1/2 oz) package mini marshmallows

Directions: In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chips with sweetened condensed milk and butter, then remove heat. In large bowl, combine nuts, marshmallows, and fold in chocolate mixture. Pour final mixture into a 9×13 pan that has been lined with wax paper. Cover and store at room temperature.  (These pictures, for the Rocky Road, show me DOUBLING this recipe.  So, that is why you see TWO pans as the finished products.  The recipe is for only one 9×13 pan.   I did not want to confuse anyone. )  Both are addicting.  Beware… I warn you now.  🙂

Mary Beth December 27, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Those look delicious! Thanks for another great recipe. ; )

Sherry December 27, 2010 at 8:30 pm

We love haystacks although we use the chow mein noodles, but I bet it is awesome with the potato sticks, too! 🙂

Alexis AKA MOM December 28, 2010 at 12:12 am

The Rocky Road looks fab!!!!

Wendy (The Local Cook) December 28, 2010 at 1:10 am

After four days of Christmas parties, I can’t even think about eating more sweets! LOL.

Kim December 28, 2010 at 5:11 am

I’m a new follower…thanks so much for hosting this incredible hop!
Kim

April @ The 21st Century Housewife December 28, 2010 at 6:04 am

Both those recipes sound wonderful, Lisa. My Mom used to make one similar to the haystacks with Chinese noodles but I can’t get them here in England. Your recipe means I might be able to make haystacks again because I think I can get something similar to the string potato chips 🙂 Thank you for hosting and Happy New Year!

Miz Helen December 28, 2010 at 6:55 am

Your Rocky Road Fudge looks so good. I brought you my Ham Salad Puffs. Hope you and your readers enjoy the recipe. Thank you for hosting us today and Happy New Year!

Janet December 28, 2010 at 7:03 am

These both look yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipes.

Dem December 28, 2010 at 8:06 am

Today I am sharing a recipe for Crisp Cauliflower Salad. It is very low-cal, so if your New Year’s Resolution is to lose weight, this would be a great choice.

Helen December 28, 2010 at 8:28 am

I haven’t seen haystacks in like forever lol & the fudge humm is it really that easy lol great recipes, thanks for sharing!

Gail@FaithfulnessFarm December 28, 2010 at 8:56 am

Lisa…these look WAY too tempting for me 🙂

Thanks for hosting and for sharing such WONDERFUL looking recipes 🙂

Blessings!
Gail

Heidi's Recipes December 28, 2010 at 9:53 am

Here’s another addicting snack that is perfect for a come-and-go nibble New Year’s Eve buffet. Thanks for hosting! Happy New Year!

Michelle December 28, 2010 at 10:09 am

Yum! Those look delicious… and I’m so with you – I went with an option for New Years Eve, too! Happy New Year early! 🙂

Rachelle December 28, 2010 at 1:13 pm

I’ve never had these before, but have made the cornflake cereal ones sort of like this. Sounds good!

Thanks for your yummy linky list, I am sharing my Peanut Butter Balls.

Ellen December 28, 2010 at 5:03 pm

These all look so good! I’m your newest follower from http://www.aseasonforallthings.blogspot.com and http://www.eclectichomeschool4life.blogspot.com. ~ Ellen

Megan December 28, 2010 at 7:24 pm

I love the haystacks. My friend always makes them with potato strings, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanuts. Very similar idea and a wonderful, additive treat.

Julie December 28, 2010 at 9:02 pm

These look delicious! I love haystacks, such a fun holiday treat.

Alessandra December 29, 2010 at 12:21 pm

I would link it up in my blog for some reason my blog has an error & won’t post the link. I will try again.

alessandra December 29, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Sorry to confuse you there. My recent post does have links, but I scheduled that post a few days ago to post for today. Today’s links don’t seem to be working right.

Maopa@Luscious Deals December 30, 2010 at 11:44 am

those look yummy..looking forward to making them today with my kids:) Happy New Years!!

Emilyinthekitchen January 11, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Oh, I grew up making haystacks (with noodles). So simple but so yummy!!! And your fudge….. sinful!