Turned 40 today – wasn’t so bad!

by Lisa on December 17, 2010

So, I turned 40 today, and it wasn’t so bad. I used to dread the idea of being 40. It seemed so O.L.D! But, now that I am here, things are looking pretty good.

I am working out at the gym, regularly with a trainer. I am losing weight that I have been collecting for years. This is a big accomplishment that makes me proud. I am happy where my family has been placed. After our long two year journey, we are so happy in Missouri, making new friends, loving our church family, and looking forward to the future.

It is just all good. So, why not be happy? Yep, 40 is not bad at all.

I want to send out a special birthday wish to my twin, Lana. If there is an downside to my life, it is that I do not get to see my family on a regular basis.Β  Which also means I do not get to celebrate my birthday with my twin – my other half.

Love ya, sis. Go eat some cookie cake for me! (The pictures shown are of my other half and I.Β  When we were slightly younger. )

I am linking this post to Amy’s siteΒ  for Finer Things Friday.

Steph December 17, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Happy Birthday! I didn’t know you were a twin…Happy Birthday to her too!
I will be turning 4-0 in 1.5 years, so I will be referring back to this post a lot in between! Thanks for sharing your perspective and your positivity!

Lisa December 17, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Thank you, Steph. Being a twin is such a blessing. I feel extra special that God gave me a twin. I know your daughters will feel the same. πŸ™‚ And, yes, forty is not that bad. πŸ™‚

Amy @ Finer Things December 17, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Happy Birthday, Lisa! Ok, now… that photo of the two of you in red dresses. I don’t know which one is you but I would swear up and down that the one on the left is your GRACE! AMAZING.

Lisa December 17, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Thanks, Amy. You are correct, Grace looks just like we did, as children. It is pretty neat! πŸ™‚

Mikki December 17, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Happy Birthday to you!!!

BigD December 17, 2010 at 8:59 pm

Welcome to the Land of 40+.
It will really set in the first time you have to go from checking the 20-39 box to checking 40-50!
Actually, my terror came at 37. That’s when I was finally as old as my mother–at least that was the earliest of my mother’s birthdays I remembered. THAT made me old.
Now, I’m over it and and charging forward.
Happy birthday!!

Lana December 17, 2010 at 9:45 pm

I missed spending our bday together too. Maybe next year?
I love you! BTW did not get me some cookie cake, but Mom did bring a yummy HEB chocolate cake to lunch. So…. not too bad. Hope the Melting Pot was fun!

Kim @ Quit Eating Out {Recipes to Make Dining Out A Choice, Not A Chore} December 18, 2010 at 6:12 am

Happy Birthday to You! Have a wonderful time celebrating.

Seven Dumplings December 19, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Happy birthday! You are sharing your birthday with some really great people, who are special to me πŸ™‚

Lorraine December 19, 2010 at 7:36 pm

I hope your birthday was wonderful! A milestone worth celebrating!
It’s better after 40…more comfortable! πŸ™‚ May the coming year be blessed beyond measure!

bj December 20, 2010 at 7:02 pm

You and your twin are adorable. Happiest belated birthday.:)

Are you still having Temp My Tummy Tuesdays?
Please just either email or leave comment on my site..
thanks, bj

Lisa December 20, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Hi, BJ. I still host Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, everyweek. The Mr. Link is up and ready for linking. Thanks for asking.

Deanna December 20, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Oh my goodness! Grace looks just like you when you were little.

40 is amazing and every year just gets better! Sorry I am late wishing you happy birthday.

Mary Beth December 27, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Happy, Happy Belated Birthday-I pray that God richly bless you as you have blessed others (me included!). Happy Birthday to Lana, also.