Tempt My Tummy Tuesday… a tempting brownie

by Lisa on March 28, 2011

Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie

Okay, I know my posts are usually recipes for TMTT.  But, really the idea of this blog carnival began as a place to share all things foodie – recipes, resturaunts, new food item, etc.  So, I am falling back on that, this week, as I am sharing the BEST brownie I have ever had.  Now, I would love to say it is a homemade recipe using nothing but the freshest ingredients from my pantry.  Sorry, I am telling you these brownies came out of a box and I am IN LOVE with them.

Yesterday our small group was meeting for dinner and bible study.  I happily agreed to bring the dessert.  Then life happened.  It has been a crazy few days and when it came time to prepare a fabulous dessert, it was just not in me.  Then I remembered the brownie mix I bought at Costco.  I thought “why not?”.  I bought the mix for just such an occasion.   Have mercy, y’all!  These are the best brownies I have ever had.   They are thick, moist, chewy and SO chocolaty.   My new brownie friend is a”Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie” mix.  Add water, oil, and eggs.  They were really super great and everyone kept commenting about how wonderful my brownies where.

I know it is great to bake from scratch.  I always feel so happy when I bake and share my goodies.  But, sometimes, you just need a quick “go to” mix .  I am glad I reached for these brownies.  They are wonderful and I just had to tell you all about them!

So, do you have a “secret” box mix you go to in “those” moments?

bj March 28, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Ummm, these do look good. I’ll try them next time. I nearly always use Betty Crocker Brownie mix..so much better than I can make from scratch.:)
I LOVE Semi Homemade…my favorite orange cake uses a box mix.
Thanks for hosting.

lana March 28, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Oh yeah I’m going to the store tomorrow, I’m going to make these brownies and I’m going to hide them in my night stand.

Do you think there is something wrong with that?

Liz@HoosierHomemade March 28, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Yum! Those brownies look divine! Thanks for hosting another delicious TMTT!

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons March 28, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Thanks for hosting Lisa! =) I’m a brownie ADDICT! ahh I want one! =)

Gretchen March 28, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I too am a huge fan of the Ghiradelli Brownie mix! My fave thing to do with it is to put half the batter in the pan and place broken up Symphony candy bars on it, then top with the other half of the batter and bake as directed. Double Chocolate Toffee Brownies!

Lisa March 29, 2011 at 8:22 am

Yum, Gretchen. That sounds wonderful! I ‘ll have to try that next time!

Liz Reeves March 28, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I’ve had those before. They really are THE BEST!

Jennifer March 28, 2011 at 9:36 pm

mmmm brownies! I think Ghiradelli brownies are great. I am a big fan of the semi-homemade approach. I think cooking/baking from scratch is great but much of the time I rely on some convenience products to make it happen in this house…especially on hectic weeknights. The link I added to your party this week features a convenience product…the McCormick Recipe Inspirations spice packets.
Thanks for hosting again this week 🙂

Tina (PinayInTexas) March 28, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Yummmmy! I love brownies and Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie is just awesome! Whenever I don’t have much time to bake brownies from scratch, this is my first choice!

April @ The 21st Century Housewife March 29, 2011 at 2:34 am

Your brownies look scrumptious, that is for sure! I’ve seen the Ghirardelli mix at Costco and wondered about it – it’s great to know how good it is. Thank you for sharing your experience, and a yummy idea for brownies, as well as for hosting 🙂

Sarah March 29, 2011 at 4:13 am

Those are my favorite boxed brownies too! They often have them BOGO at Publix. To make them fancier I cut them into circles with a cookie cutter and top them with peanut butter butter cream. They are always a huge hit!

Lisa March 29, 2011 at 8:25 am

Oh my goodness, Sarah, that sounds WONDERFUL with peanut butter cream! Thanks for the tip.

Amy @ A Little Nosh March 29, 2011 at 7:56 am

I have yet to find a brownie recipe I prefer over the boxed stuff.

Jane March 29, 2011 at 8:54 am

Wow, those brownies look yummy! I’ll have to look for the mix in the store.

Thanks for sharing and for hosting today.

Lisa@ HappyinDoleValley March 29, 2011 at 8:54 am

Thanks for hosting! I’m sharing our latest muffin recipe today, Whole Wheat Banana Muffins. These turned out so yummy and are exactly what you all should do with those overripe bananas in your fruit basket. 🙂 Blessings, ~Lisa

Liz March 29, 2011 at 9:00 am

That’s my favorite mix too! I get it at costco in a huge box. Thanks for hosting!

Carol@easytobeglutenfree March 29, 2011 at 9:28 am

Oh, how I love brownies!

Heather G. March 29, 2011 at 10:06 am

There is nothing wrong with a box mix, I use them all the time! 🙂

I also host a recipe link up over at my blog called Recipe of the Week. http://golden-reflections.blogspot.com

helen March 29, 2011 at 10:07 am

lolyou go girl! I’m all for the gotta get my chco fix , fix it now mix! lol I have a box waiting on me as we speak lol

Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes March 29, 2011 at 10:12 am

Normally I don’t like brownie mixes since I have a recipe I’ve used forever that everyone loves. However, a few years ago, my brother told the family he bought a box of this brownie mix to serve brownies to his church group, and everyone raved on them. After trying them, I love them too. While some people turn their noses up at boxed goods like this, I see nothing wrong with them as long as they taste good!

Kim March 29, 2011 at 10:21 am

Thanks for hosting this wonderful linky party! I’m your newest follower. 🙂

Stop by my blog sometime–I’d love to have you as a follower, as well! I am also hosting two giveaways this that you might want to check out!

Sonshine March 29, 2011 at 10:51 am

those brownies look yummy!

Sorry I am a bit rusty with linking with the new McLinky so I put two links in of the same thing! #104 and #105…you can delete one of them sorry!

Lisa March 29, 2011 at 4:14 pm

No problem. Thanks for joining us. 🙂

Roz March 29, 2011 at 11:00 am

Hi Lisa, thank you for hosting a fab blog hop! All linked up with a link back to your hop on my post. Please stop by this weekend to link up if you can on my blog hop too. Blessings, Roz

Janet March 29, 2011 at 11:10 am

Yum! I love brownies. One of my favorite treats.

Hollie March 29, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Thanks again for hostessing!

Christy D.@ organicprincess March 29, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Sorry I linked up twice! Thank you for putting this together!

Kristin March 29, 2011 at 7:04 pm

OMG I’ve made those before! They are divine!
Kristin @ mondayiswashday.blogspot.com

Deanna March 29, 2011 at 8:17 pm

You know if it is Ghirardelli then it is GOOD!

Michelle March 29, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I don’t like all the chemicals that are in mixes, which is why I like to cook from scratch, but I WILL say I’ve sampled those at Costco before, and they ARE pretty good. Adding more chocolate to a brownie is *never* a bad thing!

Ruth Hill April 7, 2011 at 10:36 am

These are the best brownies ever. The only brownie mix I will ever use. I have to admit that I really can’t make better brownies from scratch. I hope Costco never stops carrying them.