This is comfort cookin’, like your momma would have made. Which, yes, means there is processed cheese and it is a casserole. 🙂
Cheesy Chicken and Noodles
- 8 oz package wide egg noodles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Two 10 1/2 oz cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups grated processed American cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- One 16 oz carton cottage cheese
- 4 chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
Directions: Cook noodles approximately 5 minutes. Saute onion and mushroom in butter. In large bowl, combine all ingredients, carefully folding in cooked noodles last. Pour into 10×14 inch pan and sprinkle liberally with more Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Freezes well. Serves 8.
Now, I know there are many ways to make this a more healthful dish. However, I wanted to share the recipe as is. The recipe comes from a fun cookbook, “Meals Like Mom used to Make” by Karen Brown. I was given this book by one of my online blog friends, ~LL at As for Me and My House blog.
Thank you for joining us for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday! Don’t forget to link up your recipe post.