A sweet friend, Carrie, brought this salad to a recent small group dinner. We were having a Mexican themed meal and her addition of this salad was perfect! I know you will enjoy it as well.
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, corn, tomatoes, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and red wine vinegar. Season with crushed red pepper flakes, garlic, cumin, cilantro, salt, and black pepper. Cover, and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
(The recipe does not call for avocado, but I think it would make a great addition to this salad. Cube fresh avocado and add to the salad. ALSO, I LOVE fresh cilantro. So I would definitely be using fresh cilantro in this recipe, as well. )