I love desserts with citrus flavors. Lime or Lemon-I don’t care. It is all good to me. When I found this recipe via Tasteofhome.com, I had to try it!
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 -1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lime or lemon peel
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 -1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add the flour, salt, lime juice and peel; mix well. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into batter.
- Pour into six ungreased 6-oz custard cups. Place cups in a large baking pan; add 1 in. water to pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and top is golden. Serve war or at room temperature.
Won’t this be a great recipe for the summer? YUM!
Photo credit: www.istockphoto.com