Tempt My Tummy Tuesday… Summer Recipes

by Lisa on May 30, 2011

Today is Memorial Day and we will be attending a party at my dear friend’s home.   I thought I would use her menu to share some tasty recipe links, in case you need some summer picnic and cookout inspiration.  We will be having hamburgers on the grill, pulled pork tacos, homemade salsa with chips, salad, several desserts, and several appetizers.    Here are some links to similar recipes.  Hope they will inspire you for the summer of picnics and cookouts.  :-)

Hamburgers:

Cheddar Bacon Hamburgers (allrecipes.com)

Cooking Light video how to grill the best burger:

Pulled Pork Tacos:

Amazing pulled pork (Tidymom.net)

Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork (thepioneerwoman.com)

Salad:

Perfect Potato Salad (thepioneerwoman.com)

Perfect Picnic Salad (LouannesKitchen.com)

Mexican Cucumber Salad (blessedwithgrace.net)

Salsa:

Homemade salsa (blessedwithgrace.net)

Dessert:

Better Than a Hug Cake (comfyinthekitchen.blogspot.com)

Patriotic Dessert Ideas (Simplysweethome.com)

Trifle Dessert (Hoosierhomemade.com)

Happy summer eating!

Aimee May 30, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Hope your Memorial Day ended well. Sounds like a great menu! Thanks for hosting this week, linked up a few of my dishes.
Aimee

Jill May 30, 2011 at 8:53 pm

HI,
I shared my GF Japanese Rice Salad and two articles that I hope you enjoy — hope the articles are OK here …

Liz@HoosierHomemade May 30, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Thanks for including my Trifle Dessert! Looks like a yummy round up!
~Liz

Miz Helen May 30, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Great summer picnic recipes. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!

Tamy ~ Always Eat On the Good China May 30, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Fun summer recipes. Have a great week.

Trenna J. Hicks May 30, 2011 at 9:48 pm

I would like to be put on your e-mail list. Thank you.

NCSue May 31, 2011 at 4:28 am

Thank you for hosting. I’m a follower, and this hop is found on a page on my site that lists more than 250 hops, memes, and photo challenges… some for each day of the week. Check under the header for the link to that page. I’ve also just started a BlogFrog community that focuses on hops, carnivals, memes, and photo challenges. Go to http://theblogfrog.com/1504201 to visit & participate.
I hope you’ll visit me soon. I follow back!
NCSue

Lisa @ Happy in Dole Valley May 31, 2011 at 6:01 am

We enjoyed bbq chicken, baked beans, macaroni salad, and sliced watermelon yesterday with our son and daughter in law — what a blessed way to spend the day! Thanks for hosting, Lisa. :)

Hollie May 31, 2011 at 9:32 am

Lisa, thank you again for hostessing!

April @ The 21st Century Housewife May 31, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Hi Lisa! Wow, I’m really late linking up this week – I’m number 100! Normally I’m 5 to 6 hours ahead of you in the UK, but today I’m 2 or 3 hours behind in California, and I really am running behind!! Anyway, I’ve linked up one of my favourite summer recipes, my Mom’s potato salad. Thank you for some really great recipe links, and also for hosting!

Becky May 31, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Always looking for great ideas and can always count on your site. Hope you had a nice long weekend!

Frugal Fine Living May 31, 2011 at 1:18 pm

There’s nothing like a juicy burger hot off the grill! These recipes all sound so yummy.

Thanks for sharing and for hosting today.

Jane
frugalfineliving.com

Manu May 31, 2011 at 6:37 pm

I have linked my fried Pizza recipe… it is my first time here! Thanks for hosting Lisa!

Gretchen May 31, 2011 at 8:38 pm

You are a lifesaver! I needed a good pulled pork recipe for this weekend. Thank you!

Michelle May 31, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Mmmm yum. I love cookouts and WOW do oyu have some great suggestions there. I think there’s enough for me to celebrate all year long! ;)

Amanda-The Sweet Details June 1, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Just wanted to let you know I changed my blog url from eating in winnipeg to http://thesweetdetail.blogspot.com/ hope to have you come over there and follow me there :)