Last weekend my friend shared a wonderful appetizer with us. This was a fun summer gathering with brats, hamburgers, chips, dips, all the regular summertime cookout foods. Once these bites of heaven came out of the oven, everyone converged on them and in no time they were GONE! Now, when I tell you the ingredients, you may not believe me, but the combination is awesome! Ingredients: bacon, dried whole apricots, pickled jalapenos! That is it!
Bacon Wrapped Apricots with a Kick!
- center cut bacon
- whole dried apricots
- pickled jalapenos
- toothpicks to hold the appetizer together
- Preheat oven 375.
- Cut the bacon in two, leaving shorted slices of bacon to work with.
- Wrap one whole dried apricot and one slice pickled jalapeno with one slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place the individual bites on a cooling rack, then place the cooling rack on a foil-lined cookie sheet for cooking. This will allow better heating.
- Cook on 375 for at least 20 minutes. At 20 minutes, start checking them to make sure they are done. You may have to cook a little longer.
- Remove from oven, and place on serving tray. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
I think you will enjoy these bite-sized treats as much as we did. Thanks to C. J. for sharing the recipe and allowing me to tell all my TMTT friends about it! 🙂
At this meal we also had some wonderful brats, as well. Next week I will share that recipe which is the perfect way to cook brats, when planning a large party and you don’t want to be cooking at the grill the whole time everyone else is having fun. So, make sure you come back, next week for that recipe. 🙂