Tempt My Tummy Tuesday… Spinach Ravioli Lasagna

by Lisa on July 18, 2011

This week I am sharing a fast and easy way to serve Italian to the family.  By using frozen ravioli, spaghetti sauce, and cheese, you can have a tasty and simple lasagna.   I recently purchased a large bag of frozen spinach and mozzarella ravioli from our local Costo.  I also had a bag of Sargento Bistro Blend Italian Pasta Cheese – with Authentic Italian Herbs (made with natural low moisture part -skim mozzarella, aged provolone and Parmesan cheese).  I had previously bought the bag of cheese knowing I wanted to make something “Italian” but did not know what.  So, after a little thinking, I decided to combine and layer the ingredients for a “lasagna” dish.  It was GREAT!  My parents had just arrived from Texas and this was our first meal together.  It was a nice meal to share with family and a hit with everyone.

Spinach Ravioli Lasagna

Ingredients:

• spinach and mozzarella frozen ravioli (You can use cheese filled, beef filled, spinach filled, etc. Any variety works.)
  • 8 oz Italian blend shredded cheese (I used Sargento Bistro Blends Italian Pasta Cheese with Italian Herbs.)
  • 1 jar of spaghetti sauce

Directions:

1. Preheat oven 350.  Spray cooking spray in a glass 9×13 baking dish.
  2. Pour a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
  3. Next, layer with frozen ravioli – use enough to cover the baking dish.  (No need to cook ravioli first.  Just layer with the ravioli still frozen.)
  4. Pour a spaghetti sauce over ravioli.  Be generous with your sauce, but leave some to cover the next layer.
  5. Sprinkle your Italian cheese blend over the sauce.  If you do not have a cheese with Italian herbs, then use some Italian seasonings here, to add flavor.
  6. Put another layer of ravioli over the cheese.
  7. Layer with remaining spaghetti sauce.
  8. Finish with a final layer of shredded cheese.  Again, if you want, sprinkle some extra Italian seasonings on top for added flavor.
  9. Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes.

I served the ravioli lasagna with a large salad and garlic bread.  It was a winning dinner.

Spinach Ravioli Lasagna

I am looking forward to your recipes, this week.  Thanks for linking up!

Aimee @ ShugarySweets July 18, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Lisa,
What a fantastic idea. It looks delish too.
Aimee

Jill July 18, 2011 at 8:16 pm

HI,
I shared my GF Zucchini Pancakes with a video and an article I hope fits in.

Bibi July 18, 2011 at 10:07 pm

My family loves those same raviolis. I love them with creamy sauce, but I nver thought about baking them….I will next time. My boys will love it.

Thank you for hosting again….today I am sharing my Summer Low Calorie Potato Salad.

Lisa @ Happy in Dole Valley July 18, 2011 at 11:02 pm

I love quick and easy. :) Thanks for sharing! Today I’m linking our latest muffin recipe made with freshly picked organic raspberries — yum! Thanks for hosting, ~Lisa

Janet July 18, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Quick & easy-love it! Great for busy nights.

Becky July 19, 2011 at 6:55 am

While you’re on an Italian kick, try this eggplant parmesan. http://homesandbabies.blogspot.com Thanks for hosting!

Gretchen July 19, 2011 at 7:09 am

Oh wow, that looks delicious. I never think about using ravioli.

Red Door Kitchen July 19, 2011 at 7:45 am

I shared Pollo Alla Cacciatora (Chicken Cacciatora), from Nigella Lawson.

Mrs. Jen B July 19, 2011 at 8:26 am

What a brilliant idea!!! Never would have thought of it – totally cuts out the middle man and saves so much time!

Jennifer @ Jane Deere July 19, 2011 at 10:35 am

I love this quick lasagna idea…I’ll be making it this next week!

I’m hosting a link party…”Fusion Fridays” {Open All Weekend!}

I would love it if you would come by on Friday and link up!

Teri July 19, 2011 at 12:45 pm

I love your ravioli lasagna meal! Super idea! What a time saver! I posted my Fruit Filled Meringue Shells today. Thanks for hosting!

Amanda July 19, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Thanks for hosting! Raviolis are always welcome in my home!

Michelle July 19, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Yum! That’s a great idea to make lasagne this way. I am absolutely stealing it, AND I bet I can get Mister Man to start to like ravioli this way since he already likes my lasagne but won’t touch ravioli. Weird kid, I know.

Jennifer @ Imitation by Design July 19, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Thanks for hosting this fun party again Lisa! Your ravioli lasagna recipe looks super. I do something very similar in the crockpot. It’s perfect for Sunday lunch.

Today, I’m sharing my Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Bake- it’s a lightened up version of a Pillsbury Bake Off Recipe. My whole family loves it!

Frances July 19, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Thanks for hosting! I’m a new follower :)

laura@imnotatrophywife.com July 19, 2011 at 11:46 pm

that’s genious!!!!

Lauren July 22, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Oh My Gosh! Everything looks so delishous! Its a cold winter day here in Australia so that Spinach Ravioli Lasagna is whats in order for tonight. I came here as soon as I saw the pic in my dashboard lol

Wende July 29, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Your lasagna looks awesome and I can’t wait to try it. I shared your recipe on my Must Try Tuesday blog post.

Thanks for sharing!