This past week was the last meeting for our summer bible study at church. To celebrate the end all the ladies contributed a breakfast food item and we had a fabulous brunch. I shared a new recipe for mini quiches. This recipe was SUPER EASY and will now become part of my rotating recipes for brunches, bible studies, and MOPS morning snacks. It is always fun when you discover a recipe you know will be a frequent “guest” at your table.
- 1 1/4 cups Bisquick mix
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 egg
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced (2 tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 – 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 374. Generously grease 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, stir Bisquick mix and butter until blended. Add boiling water; stir vigorously until soft dough forms. Press rounded teaspoonful of dough on bottom and up side of each muffin cup. Divide bacon evenly among muffin cups.
- In small bowl, beat half-and-half and egg until well blended. Stir in onions, salt and pepper. Spoon 1 1 /2 tsp egg mixture into each muffin cup. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and centers are set. Cover; refrigerate any remaining appetizers.
Makes 24 appetizers.
The ONLY thing I will do different next time is to DOUBLE the recipe. Because they are so tasty and small, people eat them up very quickly. And, I always prefer having too much instead of not enough.