This week I am sharing another recipe which calls for minimal heat in the kitchen. I found this recipe in the June issue of Cooking Light magazine and thought it was a perfect summertime dish for a picnic or potluck and to share with YOU. I hope you enjoy as well.
8 oz uncooked orecchiette pasta (or medium shell-shaped pasta)
- 1 cup unshelled green peas (about 1 pound unshelled peas) or frozen peas
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 3 tbsp minced fresh chives
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon rind
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add peas and shrimp during last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine pasta mixture and radishes in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Pour over pasta mixture, tossing to coat. Cover and let stand 20 minutes. Serve at room temperature, or cover and chill until ready to serve. Yield: 4 servings (serving size 1 1/2 cup).