My husband and I helped to host a BBQ for the Worship Ministry team for our church this past weekend. I sing most Sundays on the Praise Team and my husband is over the sounds system for the church. Being so involved with the Worship Ministry, we were the prime candidates to host. We had just under 40 adults and children attend the event at a local park. It was so much fun, and, of course, there was lots of food. One friend offered to bring “cheesy potatoes” and they were awesome. I think they won as everyone’s favorite. Although I don’t have her exact recipe, I found one that would be a just as great! This recipe is SO simple. I hope you enjoy.
Sour Cream Cheesy Potatoes
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen Southern-style hash browns, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 20 RITZ Crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix soup and sour cream in large bowl. Add potatoes and cheese; stir until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into 13×9-inch baking dish. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Bake 50 minutes or until heated through.