Yes, it is yet another yummy breakfast/ brunch recipe. As you know I am the MOPS Hostess at our church and am always looking for new tasty breakfast treats to share with my friends. I really liked this broccoli quiche muffin which I made for our meeting last week. Enjoy!
Broccoli Quiche Muffins
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Combine the broccoli, onion, ham, cheese; set aside in a mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add oil; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to the egg mixture just until moistened. Fold in broccoli mixture.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack.
My thoughts: Next time I will try grated Swiss cheese instead of the recommended Parmesan cheese. I think I would prefer that flavor better with the broccoli and ham. Also, I am not one to want thing salty. I hardly EVER add salt to my food – however, I think this recipe could use a little more salt. It just needed that little extra seasoning. Other than that – the muffins were great.