Tempt My Tummy Tuesday…Crock Pot Easy!

by Lisa on October 17, 2011

We are busy being the household queens- cleaning, cooking, playing chauffeur,  teaching, disciplining…the list goes on and on.  Right?  That is why I know you appreciate quick and easy meals, just like me.  My sweet friend – mother to 5 children- ages 6 and under, recently shared several of her new favorite quick and easy crock pot recipes.  Let’s face it, if she can make these recipes work for her life and family – we can all do it!  I have already tried her Teriyaki Chicken crock pot recipe and it was a winner with all adults and children who ate it.  This week her crock pot Chicken Fettuccine is on my week’s menu plan.  I hope you find them as great as I do.

Oh how we love our crock pots!

Teriyaki Chicken

• 1 small bag of baby carrots
  • 1 can chunk pineapple – 20 oz can
  • 1/2 large red onion (I used a sweet yellow onion, because it was what I had.)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 chicken breasts or 6 thighs
  • 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste

Layer vegetables, fruit, garlic first.  Then add the chicken on top.  Drizzle teriyaki sauce over the chicken and add salt and pepper to taste.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.  Serve with rice.

Crock Pot Chicken Fettuccine

• 2-3 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
  • 1 pkg. dry Italian salad dressing mix
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1 cup chicken broth

Place chicken in crock pot and sprinkle Italian seasoning over chicken.  Drizzle with olive oil.  Cook on low for 4-6 hours.  Mix soup, cream cheese, and broth until smooth.  Add this mixture to crock pot and cook on low for 1 more hour.  Serve over hot, cooked noodles.

How easy is that?  The Teriyaki Chicken was great and I know we will love the fettuccine dish as well.

One last thing.  I encourage you to prayerfully consider attending the At the Well Online conference “Replenish Your Soul”.  These ladies have worked hard to put together a meaningful conference.  I hope you will click on it and check it out for yourself.  🙂  No worries about hotel reservations and traveling.  This conference happens online – in the comfort of your home.

Happy crocking!

Mikki October 17, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Joining back in this week.. it’s been awhile. Thanks for always hosting this!

Lisa October 18, 2011 at 8:02 am

Glad to have you back! 🙂

Janet Rose October 17, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Could not get linky tools to work so here’s my link for this week…maybi it will work tomorrow. 🙂
I am so going to try the crock pot fettuccine! Sounds delicious!

Amy @ A Little Nosh October 18, 2011 at 7:34 am

I wasn’t sure if this linky party was just for crockpot recipes, or for anything. If it’s just for crockpot stuff, please feel free to delete my Homemade Vanilla Extract and Apricot Oat Bars. Thanks for hosting!

Lisa October 18, 2011 at 8:01 am

Amy, we want all recipes. I am just sharing a few of my crock pot recipes this week. This link up is for any food tip or recipe. Thanks for joining us! :0)

Kyra @ caramelpotatoes.com October 18, 2011 at 8:27 am

Love your site – great party! Thanks for hosting. We new gfc followers – come by caramelpotatoes.com and follow back – we’re sure you’ll find something delicious!

Rachel October 18, 2011 at 11:13 am

Mmmmm love me some crock pot meals!!

Candice October 18, 2011 at 11:37 am

Linking up with you this week. I’m following you via GFC and would love for you to follow back 🙂

Helen October 18, 2011 at 6:20 pm

love a good crock pot recipe! especially on a chilly day,these sound wondeful!

Debbie October 18, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Come link these up with Crock Pot Wednesday. They sound delicious. You have to try the Taramahoota Pollo Sopa that I posted today. I couldn’t locate your linky???

Lisa October 19, 2011 at 8:00 am

Debbie, I don’t know why you couldn’t access the linky. It is showing when I check. Maybe just a glitch when you stopped by.

Michelle October 18, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I’m so with you on the crockpot. My recipe for this time was a crockpot one, too (applesauce though)! I love the teryaki chicken one. I just bought some chicken thighs today, and I bet this would be perfect with that!

Kim B. October 18, 2011 at 10:15 pm

LOVE the chicken fettucine recipe!! I am always on the look out for EASY crock pot recipes & this looks GREAT & I’m sure my family will love it! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Jane@Frugal Fine Living October 19, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I sure do love my crockpot and these recipes! I have copied them to my computer to try next week.

Thanks for sharing and hosting today!

Jane at frugalfineliving.com
Join us on Facebook!

judy December 28, 2011 at 10:46 am

is there a crock pot chicken receipe called sticky chicken?

Lisa January 2, 2012 at 7:19 pm

YES! I am attaching the link to this recipe. It is the BEST crock pot chicken recipe. I LOVE it! I am sorry I am just now seeing your question and just now responding.