Women of Faith – I am over the top with excitement!

by Lisa on October 23, 2011

I am so excited!  The event is two weeks away!  In July I first told you about my blessed opportunity to attend the Over the Top Women of Faith conference which will be held in Kansas City, Missouri on November 4-5.  Well, after patiently waiting, the time is almost here!

I was chosen to blog, twitter, and Facebook my experience at the event and in return I received two free ticket to attend!  One of my best friends will be accompanying me.  Our sweet husbands will be doing a little extra daddy duty while we have a weekend that will be kid free as we are renewed spiritually.  I do not know what could be better!

Have you ever attended a Women of Faith conference?  The last one I attended was about 8 years ago.  So, I think it is time to go again.  Don’t you?  My mother just attended the same conference this past weekend, in San Antonio, Texas.  She said it was wonderful, which I expected.  🙂

The Women of Faith team bring together insightful and inspirational speakers as well as award winning singers to make for one incredible experience. There are events scheduled throughout the years, all throughout the United States. HERE is a LINK to the upcoming events schedule.  Take the time to check it out.  Maybe there is a location near you.  I encourage you to attend, if at all possible.  Get a group of your gal pals for a girl’s weekend.  You will not regret it!

I look forward to sharing my experience with you!  ONLY TWO MORE WEEK!  Yep, I am excited!

Liz Reeves October 23, 2011 at 1:34 pm

So jealous! I was offered the same & said YES, then realized that the weekend they were offering me tickets was one I could not attend. I was so bummed!!!! I “offered” to do it a different weekend, but was never offered more tickets. 🙂 (Hey, it was worth a shot!) I know you will LOVE it!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace October 23, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Oh what a bummer. I was able to choose which WOF I wanted to attend. Thank goodness or I may have been in the same boat as you. (Hey, I miss you, BTW!)

Liz Reeves October 23, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Well….they did ask me. And I selected the Dallas event. But when time drew close, they emailed to tell me they’d be mailing my tickets & by that time, I knew I couldn’t go. I replied to the email about the fact that I couldn’t go that weekend & someone responded, so I thought they got the message….but they didn’t. When the tickets arrived in the mail, I was heartbroken to not be able to use them myself. (But I was able to give them to someone else, so it’s all good.) Next year for sure!

Lisa October 24, 2011 at 10:02 am

Well that was a blessing for someone. You never know what the event will mean to the person you gave the tickets to. Wow, I just got chills. Seriously. It maybe exactly what they needed and how God planned to minister to them. You know?
That happened years ago to Chris and I. We were give two tickets to the Family Life Rekindle the Romance conference in Dallas (Dr. Putman gave them to us). It is what saved our marriage. Literally! The people giving us the tickets had no idea how important it was for us to attend – but God knew. 🙂

Liz Reeves October 23, 2011 at 10:16 pm

P.S. I miss you too!!!!

Liz Reeves October 24, 2011 at 10:13 pm

That’s so cool Lisa!!! I love those Putmans!