Tempt My Tummy Tuesday…Crockpot Enchilada Casserole

by Lisa on November 21, 2011

As we all have Thanksgiving on the brain, and are inundated with recipes for the holiday, I thought I would give you something completely different to think about.  This Mexican inspired dish will give you a reason to give thanks, after multiple days of leftover turkey.  Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving.  🙂

Enchilada Casserole

• 3 Tbsp diced green chiles, divided
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/4 cup cilantro
  • 1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (11 oz) can corn with red and green peppers (Mexicorn), drained
  • 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
  • 1(8 1/2 oz) package corn muffin mix
  • 1/2 cup egg substitute
  • 2 Tbsp chopped bottle roasted red pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups (6 oz shredded reduced – fat Monterey  Jack cheese)
  • 6 Tbsp 30 % less- fat sour cream
  • 1 1/2 tsp thinly sliced fresh cilantro
  1. Place 2 Tbsp green chiles and next 6 ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker; stir well.  Cover with lid; cook on low-heat 4 hours.
  2. Combine remaining 1 Tbsp green chiles, muffin mix, egg substitute, and roasted bell pepper in a bowl; stir well.  Spoon batter evenly over bean mixture in slow cooker.  Cover and cook 1 hour or until corn bread is done.
  3. Sprinkle cheese over corn bread.   Cover and cook 5 minutes or until cheese melts.  Spoon casserole onto plate; top with sour cream, and sprinkle with thinly sliced cilantro.

Happy Thanksgiving, y’all!

Kim November 21, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Thanks.. we just had enchiladas tonight! I could live on Mexican food! I agree- after days of Thanksgiving food, I always crave Mexican or Italian! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Miz Helen November 21, 2011 at 8:01 pm

We always love Mexican Food right after Thanksgiving. Your Crockpot Enchilada Casserole looks delicious. Thanks for hosting and my very best wishes to you and your family for a blessed Thanksgiving.

jill@RealFoodForager.com November 21, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Hi,
I shared my amazing Pecan Crusted Pumpkin Pie and my Grain-Free Thanksgiving Stuffing

Jessica @ Delicious Obsessions November 21, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I love Mexican food in any shape or form. This recipe looks awesome! I shared my recipe for cranberry relish, which is most commonly served at Thanksgiving. However, I make this and eat it anytime I can get fresh cranberries!

I hope you and yours have an AWESOME Thanksgiving! 🙂

Mary Beth|Cupcakes and Crinoline November 21, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Oh, Lisa….this sounds so delicious! Thanks fo much for hosting…Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!! hugs, mb

Aimee @ ShugarySweets November 22, 2011 at 6:31 am

Lisa, that looks fantastic…toss in some leftover turkey..mmmmm

Hollie November 22, 2011 at 9:46 am

Thank you for hosting, have a blessed Thanksgiving!

April @ The 21st Century Housewife November 22, 2011 at 10:37 am

Your Mexican Enchilada casserole sounds wonderful – nice and spicy! Thank you for sharing it, and for hosting. Happy Thanksgiving!

Queen of the House November 22, 2011 at 11:31 am

LOVE the idea for the cornbread on top of this recipe! Yum!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! 🙂

Rachel November 22, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Yumm that sounds amazing!! Must try!

Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me November 22, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Thanks so much for having me today.

Blessings and best wishes for a happy Thanksgiving!

Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me.

Diana November 27, 2011 at 9:26 am

I wanted to let you know about a new site I started where you can list memes & linkies by category. It’s called Link Rink. Check it out: Link Rink

Cindy November 30, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Hi,

I am hosting a Holiday Cookie Recipe swap and would love to get the word out to other bloggers to post and share their recipe. I do get good traffic on my site so it would mean traffic for others.

I would love it if you could share the idea with you blogger friends.