Tempt My Tummy Tuesday… Banana Brownies

by Lisa on December 5, 2011

I think this recipe would be a great addition to the Christmas sweets you may share with the neighbors, friends, or school teachers.  It is an easy recipe and a little different than the usual brownie.

Banana Brownies

• 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup butter, divided
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3 cups pureed very ripe bananas

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease 13×9 baking pan.  Mix flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.  Set aside.  Melt chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butter in double boiler; stir until melted and smooth.  Remove from heat; cool.  In medium bowl cream remaining 1/2 cup butter and the sugar until light; beat in eggs, milk and bananas.  Stir in flour mixture until well blended.  Stir in chocolate, leaving mixture slightly marbleized.  Turn into pan.   Bake for 25-30 minutes or until sides just begin to pull away from pan.  Cool in pan on rack.  Cut into bars.  Makes 18-24.

Can’t wait to see what you are cooking up for the Holidays.

Jill@RealFoodForager.com December 5, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Hi,
I shared my amazing grain-free carrot cake and my holiday butternut squash

Miz Helen December 5, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Your Banana Brownies look delicious, I wish I had one for a bedtime treat. I am sharing my Grandmothers Buttermilk Pie this week. Thanks for hosting and hope you have a great week.

Jennifer December 5, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Your brownie recipe sounds really interesting…and yummy! I want to give these a try. Thanks for sharing and thanks for hosting this link up. I’m anxious to see everyone’s recipes.
Jennifer

jo@blog-diggidy December 5, 2011 at 8:48 pm

mmmm these sound yummy!! :)

Aimee @ ShugarySweets December 6, 2011 at 6:06 am

Thanks for hosting Lisa, your brownies sound yummy!

Melinda December 6, 2011 at 6:49 am

I’m always looking for a new recipe using bananas – one with chocolate in it is a bonus!

Hollie December 6, 2011 at 7:39 am

Sounds delicious, thanks for hosting!

Cheryl B. December 6, 2011 at 8:50 am

Hi Lisa ;->
I was rather expecting to find a posting about another type of fudge this week. I had somehow come away from last week’s posting, with that concept in mind. … yup, still wondering about myself!!

In case your interested, last year I did post the recipe for my aunt Mary’s awesome peanut butter fudge. It’s easy to find via my “Cooking and Baking Directory” label.

May your continued Christmas baking flow smoothly my friend!

Lisa December 6, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I know, I have been posting fudge recipes for a couple of weeks. I’ll have to try your aunt Mary’s peanut butter fudge. Thanks. :-)

Judi @ Frugal Frolic December 6, 2011 at 11:30 am

Love your twist on brownies! Thanks for posting this recipe, and for hosting!

Loy December 6, 2011 at 11:57 am

Your Banana Brownies seem like a nice change, and the links look great. Today I bring Hawaiian Luau Cookies, another nice change from the flavors of the holidays. Thanks for hosting and have a great week.

Michelle December 6, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Oh how awesome. That’s such a unique take on brownies, and I love the banana and chocolate together. Definitely something I’ll have to try out. Yum.

raquel December 6, 2011 at 10:24 pm

I will add this to my list on what should I prepare on Christmas