Only a few more days until Christmas! I don’t know about you, but I still have goodies to finish preparing for gifts and my husband’s office party. In case you are in my same predicament, I thought I would share these sweet cookies with you – AND the recipe calls for my favorite candy of the season…. Hershey’s Candy Cane Mint Kisses. I LOVE them and am sorry I discovered them! My defenses are weak when they KISSES are near.
- 48 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Red or green sugar crystals, granulated sugar or powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from candies.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in red sugar, granulated sugar, powdered sugar or a combination of any of the sugars. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press a candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.
I hope you have enjoyed all the fudge and other sweet recipes I have shared over the past few weeks. I pray you have a Merry Christmas and rejoice in the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.