Tempt My Tummy Tuesday…Thank you Pinterest!

by Lisa on January 30, 2012

I apologize I do not have a recipe posted for this week.  As I type this I am feeling a sense of urgency as we are packing up to leave town.  There was an unexpected death in our extended family and we are heading out of town for a funeral service and to honor the memory of a sweet women who’s loss has left a gaping hole in large and close knit family.  So, for that reason, I am sharing some links from recipes I have recently discovered and made for my family, or am eager to try.  All of these recipes were discovered on that rather addictive site…. Pinterest.  Are you a Pinterest addict?  My friends and I all enjoy the site and seem to talk about our recent “Pinterest finds” when we get together for a playdate with the kids or a Girl’s Night Out.  My sister even calls to tell me recipes she has cooked which she discovered via Pinterest.  So… here are a few I have made or am tempted to make soon!

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes – I made these pancakes last weekend.  I was deemed “super awesome wife and mom” after this meal!  They were easy and wonderful! (http://www.recipegirl.com)

Mongolian Beef – My best friend called to tell me this recipe was a hit with all her family.  Her picky 4 year old ate THREE helpings of this meal! (http://www.pinkbites.com)

Macaroni and Beef with Cheese – My family loved this meal, as well.  It is just good ole comfort food. (http://www.ruhlman.com)

Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti – My BFF has this in her crockpot as I type this, preparing it for family meal tonight.  I am sure it will be a hit!  (http://cookingwithkim-kim.blogspot.com)

Baked Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes -  I made these a week ago.  They were tasty! (http://penniesonaplatter.com)

Okay, now I know I have tempted your tummy with these links.   I can’t wait to see what you all are linking this week.

May you all be blessed and may you take time to truly appreciate the one’s you love.  Not only did we lose Auntie Bonnie from our extended family this week.  I also received word that a dear friend lost her long battle with cancer.  Two precious women went on to heaven this week within 24 hours of each other.   Our home was hit with sadness and grief in a very short period of time.   With this loss there is a feeling we MUST enjoy, celebrate, and make every moment count with those God has put in our lives.  Don’t wait until tomorrow to tell them how much you love them.  Tell them today, for there is no promise that tomorrow will come.  I am thankful for the hope, through Christ, that all believers will see each other again one day in heaven.

Tricia January 30, 2012 at 7:37 pm

So sorry for your loss.

Deana January 30, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Thanks so much for hosting…I will be praying for you and your family…have a safe trip…

Alea Milham January 30, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I am sorry for your loss!

I love pinterest but have not yet been able to get any of my IRL friends addicted. I keep trying to explain how convenient it is and what a fun resource it is but still no takers.

Miz Helen January 30, 2012 at 9:43 pm

I am so sorry for the loss of your loved one Lisa. I will pray for your family in their time of sorrow. Thank you for hosting and have safe travels.

Shelley January 30, 2012 at 10:18 pm

I am so sorry for your loss and will be praying for you and your family. Thanks for sharing your pins… I’m following you now on pinterest :)

Winnie January 31, 2012 at 12:41 am

Hi Lisa
I’m sorry for your loss, May God be with you and your family!
Winnie

andi January 31, 2012 at 6:33 am

Hi Lisa, sorry to hear of your loss. Be safe. Andi thewednesdaybaker

Jennifer @ Jennifer Cooks January 31, 2012 at 8:00 am

I’m now following you on Pinterest! My thoughts are with you during this time of loss. Have safe travels.

Today I linked up my Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza, Blueberry Breakfast Cake, Kit Kat Ice Cream Cake and Zuppa ToscanaThanks so much for hosting!

I host a weekly linky party called Fusion Fridays and I would love it if you would drop by Jennifer Cooks and link up with your favorite or most recent recipes, handmade crafts, diy projects, tips & tricks, and how to’s! { open through Wednesday! }

Hollie January 31, 2012 at 8:03 am

My prayers go out to your family.

lisa January 31, 2012 at 10:33 am

I’m sorry to hear of your loss…prayers to you and your family.

Cheryl B. January 31, 2012 at 12:01 pm

hi Lisa ;->
Hugs!! I too am sorry for your loss and the emotions you are having to deal with! May you feel God’s arms around you! And may your travels flow smoothly!

Who told that I’ve become addicted to Pinterest? o;-p It’s just so pinteresting! (word told to me by Lipstick (Ca.) Jen ;-p) Inviting you to visit my boards – http://pinterest.com/cherylbz/

Natalie @ Cooking for My Kids January 31, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I am so, so sorry for your losses this week. Prayer are being said for your friends and family.

jo-lyn's cup cakes n' candies January 31, 2012 at 2:28 pm

So sorry for your loss! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time!! Many blessings to you and yours!!

Mrs. T January 31, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Thanks for hosting!

Angie January 31, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Sorry for your loss.. :(

First time linking up and new follower!
I have a party too.. hope you can come by and visit.
Will try to link up every Tuesday.
Thanks,
Angie from http://www.littleinspiration.com

Michelle February 1, 2012 at 9:12 am

I am so sorry for your losses, Lisa. That is horrible news for you and your family.

I love the pinned recipes. I’ve avoided Pinterest so far because I know it would suck me in, but I hear it calling my name….

Liz February 5, 2012 at 10:37 pm

My heart goes out to you, praying that you will be comforted.