Last week I made a new dish for my family which was enjoyed by all and will be added to our menu plan rotation. (Sorry I did not grab a picture. I didn’t realize it would be so good and worthy of TMTT as I was serving it.)
Mexican Beef Skillet
- 1 lb ground beef
- one onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 -16oz jar salsa (use mild, medium, or hot depending on your families preference)
- 1 can black beans, undrained
- cumin, chili powder, and salt to taste
- Instant rice, enough for your family.
- Brown hamburger meat with chopped onion and minced garlic. Drain any fat then return to skillet.
- Over low heat add salsa, black beans, and seasonings to ground beef. Simmer until heated throughout.
- Cook enough rice for your family.
- Serve beef mixture over rice.
This recipe was super quick and easy. For a larger family, add more beef and an extra can of beans.
One final thing. I have recently created a Blessed with Grace page on Facebook. If you would like to follow this blog on Facebook then feel free. I will post recipes and links to other yummy dishes I find during the week as well as words of encouragement and faith. I hope you will join the community.