I love desserts with lemon and this one is full of LEMON! I made this recipe for our MOPS steering team meeting. It was a winner!
Cream Cheese Lemon Bars
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine – softened
- 3 egg
- 2- 8 ounces cream cheese – softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- zest from 1 lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice or juice from 1 fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
In a mixing bowl, blend dry cake mix, butter, and 1 egg. Press into a 9 x 13 pan, ungreased.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually blend in the powdered sugar. Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice until smooth. Reserve 1/2 of this mixture and refrigerate it for later use.
- In a small bowl, beat the remaining 2 eggs, add the vanilla. Then beat this mixture into the remaining cream cheese mixture until well blended.
- Spread over the cake mixture. Bake at 350° until set, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- After it has cooled completely, spread the reserved cream cheese mixture onto the bars. Refrigerate until firm; then cut into squares and serve.