Tempt My Tummy Tuesday…Potato and Ham Casserole

by Lisa on March 19, 2012

Good day! Is your family enjoying beautiful spring weather.  We have had the thunderstorms, but they have been followed by some beautiful days.  Gracie and I just arrived home after a few hours at the park.  It is fun to meet up with friends for a picnic and play time at the park.  Now, after a fun afternoon, I would prefer a meal which requires minimal work and limited prep.  How about you?  Today’s dish is simple, quick, and tasty.

Potato and Ham Casserole

• 26 oz frozen shredded potatoes
  • 1 lb ham steak, cut into bite size pieces
  • 1 – 10.5 oz can cream of potato soup
  • 1-10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar

Combine first 6 ingredients and pour into a lightly greased 13×9  baking dish.  Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.  Then cover with the shredded cheddar and bake another 5 minutes.  I served this meal with a salad.  My daughter and husband both loved it!  I actually prepared this dish ahead of time and placed it in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.  I pulled it out of the fridge while oven was heating up, then just popped it in the oven.  So easy and quick! Enjoy.

Do you have a super quick and easy go to meal?

I apologize for no picture of the dish.  I know I really need to just snap a picture of each meal, because I never know which meal is blog worthy until we are eating it.  LOL!

Miz Helen March 19, 2012 at 9:16 pm

We are under storm warnings here this evening and expecting 4 to 5 inches of rain. I just love a quick and tasty casserole like your Potato and Ham Casserole. I am sharing my Ruben Burger this week. Lets all stay dry and safe this week and thanks for hosting!

Lisa March 19, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Praying for you safety tonight, Miz Helen. :-)

April @ The 21st Century Housewife March 20, 2012 at 4:28 am

I love comforting and delicious dishes like your potato and ham casserole – it sounds wonderful. This week I’ve shared my Creamy Mushroom, Bacon and Garlic Spaghetti – it’s a real treat! Thank you for hosting, and have a lovely week :)

Kristen March 20, 2012 at 4:30 am

That sounds really good and a quick throw together type meal. Thanks so much!

Hollie March 20, 2012 at 6:19 am

Lisa, thank you for hosting!

TRISHA March 20, 2012 at 7:27 am

thanks for hosting!

Jan March 20, 2012 at 8:55 am

Ohhh….I like the sounds of that casserole … may have to dig around and see if I have all the ingredients on hand to make (I KNOW I don’t have any potatoes, but there may be some hashbrowns stashed in the garage freezer!) … thanks for hosting!

Sarah March 20, 2012 at 9:06 am

I will be using this! My bf has a guys weekend coming up and this sounds like a great b-fast casserole for them! Newest follower here!!!

April @ Angel's Homestead March 20, 2012 at 9:06 am

Looks like a yummy casserole, and would be a great way to use up leftover Easter ham. I shared my recipe for KFC Coleslaw. Thanks for hosting. :)

Gracefultable March 20, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Love your format with pictures of the Tempt My Tummy offerings!!

Michelle March 20, 2012 at 7:01 pm

You’ve got to love those quick and easy dinners. I always seem to end up needing them. Last night? I made bagel dogs for that reason – gotta love having extra dough hanging around in the fridge!

The Quiet Mom March 21, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Thank you for hosting the hop. Added your hop badge here: http://olahmomma.com/momlounge/tuesday-blog-hop-directory.

Now following your twitter, Pinterest, and FB :)

Also inviting you to join our meatless recipe blog hop/showcase at http://olahmomma.com/momlounge.

See ya there! Have a great day:)

The Quiet Mom at http://olahmomma.com