Hi everyone. I am excited to share another recipe with you this week. I am always looking for new recipes to bring to my TMTT friends. This recipe was served up by a sweet friend, Erin, at a recent MOPS meeting. This Breakfast Burrito Casserole was hit and I could not wait to sit down and write all about it! This recipe will make you want to have a Mexican fiesta for breakfast! It is hearty and full of potatoes, sausage, bacon, peppers, onions, salsa….well, why don’t I just get on with it and show you the recipe?
Breakfast Burrito Casserole
- 12-15 pieces of bacon (1 package)
- 12 oz ground breakfast sausage
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 – 16oz tubs pico de gallo salsa, divided (produce section of grocer)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 eggs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 12 oz sour cream
- Grease a 9×13 pan.
- Cook bacon, cool, and chop. Cook sausage, breaking into pieces. Set both meats aside.
- Cook peeled and cubed potatoes in hot oil in a large skillet for 8 minutes. Add the onions and peppers and cook until the potatoes are tender. Set aside.
- Whip together all the eggs in a bowl, add the salt and pepper, pour into the skillet. Cook until done.
- Lay a tortilla flat. Scoop in some eggs, then sausage, followed by the potato mix, salsa, and lastly, the cheese. Roll the tortilla shut, closing in both ends. Place in the casserole dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Blend together the sour cream and second tub of salsa. Pour the sour cream mix over the burritos. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon on top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
That is a hearty and pleasing dish for a brunch! It will go a long way, if feeding a large group. Next time you need to feed a hungry bunch for breakfast, why not bring a little Mexican fiesta to the table? Enjoy!