Tempt My Tummy Tuesday…Breakfast Burrito Casserole

by Lisa on April 23, 2012

Hi everyone.  I am excited to share another recipe with you this week.  I am always looking for new recipes to bring to my TMTT friends.  This recipe was served up by a sweet friend, Erin, at a recent MOPS meeting.   This Breakfast Burrito Casserole was hit and I could not wait to sit down and write all about it!  This recipe will make you want to have a Mexican fiesta for breakfast!  It is hearty and full of potatoes, sausage, bacon, peppers, onions, salsa….well, why don’t I just get on with it and show you the recipe?  :-)

Breakfast Burrito Casserole

• Breakfast burrito casserole12-15 pieces of bacon (1 package)
  • 12 oz ground breakfast sausage
  • 3 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 cup onions, chopped
  • 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 – 16oz tubs pico de gallo salsa, divided (produce section of grocer)
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
  • 12 eggs
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • 8 large flour tortillas
  • 12 oz sour cream
  1. Grease a 9×13 pan.
  2. Cook bacon, cool, and chop.  Cook sausage, breaking into pieces.  Set both meats aside.
  3. Cook peeled and cubed potatoes in hot oil in a large skillet for 8 minutes.  Add the onions and peppers and cook until the potatoes are tender.   Set aside.
  4. Whip together all the eggs in a bowl, add the salt and pepper, pour into the skillet.  Cook until done.
  5. Lay a tortilla flat.  Scoop in some eggs, then sausage, followed by the potato mix, salsa, and lastly, the cheese.  Roll the tortilla shut, closing in both ends.  Place in the casserole dish.  Repeat with remaining tortillas.
  6. Blend together the sour cream and second tub of salsa.  Pour the sour cream mix over the burritos.  Sprinkle with cheese and bacon on top.
  7. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

That is a hearty and pleasing dish for a brunch!  It will go a long way, if feeding a large group.  Next time you need to feed a hungry bunch for breakfast, why not bring a little Mexican fiesta to the table?  Enjoy!

Don’t forget to visit Blessed With Grace Facebook page for even more recipes and fun.  Also, be sure to subscribe to Blessed With Grace by email and you  won’t miss anything!

Alea April 23, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Your breakfast burrito casserole sounds wonderful! Making it into a casserole seems easier than individual burritos.

Aimee @ ShugarySweets April 23, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Lisa, thanks for hosting!

Emily {Frilly Details} April 23, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Breakfast food is one of my favorites! That recipe sounds great. Thanks for the link party! I linked up my Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe.

Miz Helen April 23, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Your Breakfast Burrito Casserole will be a great casserole for the week end crowd that we are expecting. Hope you are having an awesome week and thanks for hosting!

Tamy - 3 Sides of Crazy April 24, 2012 at 12:56 am

YUMMY – this casserole will be a big hit at our upcoming family reunion – THANKS!

April @ The 21st Century Housewife April 24, 2012 at 3:28 am

Your Breakfast Burritos sound wonderful – perfect for Sunday brunch, or any other day for that matter :-) This week I’ve shared my Orange Pecan cookies, a recipe that means you need never be more than 15 minutes away from a hot fresh cookie – and you can just bake a few at a time if you want to! Thank you for hosting, Lisa.

Justa April 24, 2012 at 9:02 am

That casserole would be a smashing success here! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!

Michelle April 24, 2012 at 9:24 am

For the longest time I was anti-breakfast burrito. I didn’t want or like me egg wrapped up like that. Then I had a really good one, and I’m hooked. Yum!

Lisa April 24, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Michelle, that is funny! I am glad you are now a breakfast burrito convert. :-)

Bridget@MrsGreenJeans April 24, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Thanks for hosting!

The Quiet Mom April 25, 2012 at 12:25 am

This burrito sounds yum!

Thank you for hosting the hop once again. Added your hop badge here: http://bloghops.olahmomma.com/bloghop/tuesday (this is a new site). Already your follower too.

My recent posts:
Crafting >> http://olahmomma.com/blog/game-called-math-improvised-math-flash-cards
Cooking >> http://olahmomma.com/blog/sesame-garlic-spinach-stir-fry

Mary Hudak-Colllins April 25, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Lisa, there are some wonderful sounding recipes entered today! I look forward to visiting their sites and reading all about them. Thanks for hosting!

Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates April 30, 2012 at 1:16 am

Thanks so much for hosting!