I recently began to reorganize my box of recipe cards. I also copied and added many recipes which I had torn from a magazine, or copied from friends. While doing this I rediscovered recipes I had not thought of in several years. One such recipe was the Spinach Stuffed Shells which a dear friend prepared and brought to my family just days after I gave birth to Grace. I remember how much we enjoyed that meal. So, today I am sharing the recipe.
- 1 – 12 oz pack of jumbo pasta shells
- 2- 9oz packages frozen creamed spinach with cooking pouch
- 15 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1- 32oz jar spaghetti sauce
- About 1 1/2 hours before serving, prepare the shells as directed. Drain well. Set aside.
- Prepare the spinach as directed then pour into a large bowl and cool slightly.
- Stir in both mozzarella and ricotta cheeses, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff each shell with mixture and arrange in casserole dish.
- Brown hamburger meat, drain any fat. Then add the spaghetti sauce. Spoon sauce over the shells.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Makes about 25 shells.