Tempt My Tummy Tuesday…Iced Lemon Pound Cake

by Lisa on May 7, 2012

Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

Happy Tuesday!  I love link up day and all the great recipes you share, each week!

Today I am sharing a recipe I originally found via Pinterest.  Awe, Pinterest.  Do you love it as much as I do?  I pinned the iced lemon pound cake recipe to my Tempting Sweets board and knew I would be coming back to make it soon.

On Friday night I helped organize a “BYOC Night” (bring your own craft) at our church for the ladies.  It was fun.  Women brought their craft projects and we provide the food and refreshment.  Ladies could sit and visit while scrap-booking, make wreaths, crochet, and even one friend was quilling (the art of curling paper).  Her work was beautiful!  It was fun night.

For the event, I baked the super easy iced lemon pound cake. All you have to do is dump all the ingredients into your bowl and begin mixing.  EASY!  The recipe originates from Picky Palate’s blog and HERE is her recipe.   It was super so simple and I received MANY compliments throughout the night.  If you love lemon, you must bake this cake.

Iced Lemon Pound Cake

• lemon pound cake ingredients1 box yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Signature Yellow Cake Mix.)
  • 4.3 ounce cook and serve Lemon pudding mix (You can use instant pudding, as well.)
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk (I used skim.)
  • 8 ounces sour cream  (I used non fat)
  • 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice

Icing

• 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice

mixing ingredients, lemon pound cake1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 loaf pans generously with cooking spray (PAM Baking spray).

2. Place all cake ingredients in no particular order into stand mixer, beating until well combined, about 1 1/2 minutes. Divide cake batter between two prepared loaf pans spreading evenly. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before removing loaves from pans.

3. To begin icing, place powdered sugar into a large bowl. Drizzle in lemon juice stirring until smooth and thick, a good drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over cakes and let set for 20 minutes for a firm icing.

iced lemon pound cake

Don’t forget to visit Blessed With Grace Facebook page for even more recipes and fun.  Also, be sure to sign up for a free subscription to Blessed With Grace by email and you  won’t miss anything!

Deana May 7, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Thanks for hosting….and have a blessed week :)

Danielle May 7, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Mmmm. That lemon pound cake looks delicious! It seems like a lemon kind of week. I also made something with Lemon this week. Thank you for hosting. :)

Emily {Frilly Details} May 7, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Thanks again for hosting the fun link party! Can’t wait to check out all the yummy recipes :)

April @ The 21st Century Housewife May 8, 2012 at 3:25 am

I love lemon poundcake, and yours looks so moist and delicious! This week I have shared an old family recipe for Crunch French Bread Egg Pie. It’s frugal, easy and very tasty. Thank you for hosting, Lisa.

Lisa May 8, 2012 at 7:53 am

April, that sounds wonderful!

Laura @ Frugal Follies May 8, 2012 at 6:56 am

That looks great – super easy and yummy too! Thanks so much for the linky. Stop by and check out my cheap recipes and link up your money-saving recipes to Frugal Food Thursday. And I’ve linked your recipe to StumbleUpon!

Lisa May 8, 2012 at 7:53 am

Thanks for linking up and I sure do love the Stumble love! :-) Looking forward to your cheap recipes!

Michelle May 8, 2012 at 8:35 am

Thanks for the linky! Looks like lots of yummies!

Hollie May 8, 2012 at 9:11 am

Yum… I love lemony desserts! Thanks for hosting.

Alana May 8, 2012 at 9:56 am

Thanks for hosting. Your lemon pound cake looks scrumptious!

Michelle May 8, 2012 at 11:46 am

I love dump cakes. Actually, I love anything that tastes super yummy and takes way less effort than it appears to ;) This lemon cakes looks gorgeous; no wonder you got compliments!

Mary Hudak-Colllins May 9, 2012 at 7:14 am

This sounds flavorful and I’m wondering if I could substitute anything for the 4 eggs. I haven’t had much luck with pound cakes in the past because of the amount of eggs usually used, but I may just have to give it another whirl ☺ The rest of the ingredients could be easily replaced by gluten and dairy free items. Thanks for sharing!

Hawaiian Pineapple Banana Bread May 10, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Hi Lisa. Beautiful Lemon Pound Cake recipe. Now you have me thinking of other flavors to use this recipe (cake and pudding flavor combos) on as well. Saving this one so I can try. Thanks for the party and have a great upcoming week-end.

Carla and Michael May 10, 2012 at 12:17 pm

OOOPS! Sorry about that. Not even sure how that happened, supposed to be Carla and Michael

Carla and Michael May 10, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Thanks for deleting that, so sorry. Your cake looks beautiful and so moist. You’ve got me wondering what other cake and pudding combos I can use this recipe for. Saving this so I can try it. Thanks for the party and have a great upcoming week-end.

Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates May 13, 2012 at 7:13 pm

That sounds delicious! I love anything with lemon! Thanks so much for hosting. :)