Welcome to TMTT. So glad you could stop by. It has been a super busy and exciting weekend which has caused my Monday to be much busier than expected as I care for our new 8 week old puppy. Yea me. (She is really cute, so I am not really complaining.) Among our weekend events was a fabulous dinner at my friend Sarah’s home. She is an excellent cook and we always enjoy her meals. Saturday’s meal including “Melt In Your Mouth Chicken”, orzo pasta with garlic and spinach, steamed broccoli a tasty salad, and the BEST watermelon margarita. Doesn’t that sound wonderful? Oh, it was! I knew as soon as we started eating, I would be sharing this meal for TMTT.
Sarah found the chicken recipe as well as the margarita recipe on Pinterest. The orzo pasta recipe is her own, and one she made back during the courtship with her husband which she says caused him to “fall in love with me”. I am going to share the link to the margarita recipe and give the recipes for the chicken and pasta.
If you are a margarita fan… you MUST try this!
Orzo Pasta with Red Pepper, Garlic, and Spinach
- one red bell pepper, small diced
- one bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- bag of fresh baby spinach
- 3-4 cloves fresh minced garlic
- garlic powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- butter and olive oil
- Cook orzo pasta according to package.
- While pasta is cooking, saute the red peppers in butter and olive oil. After the peppers have softened, add the garlic to the saute. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cooked orzo to the red pepper and garlic mix, combining all ingredients. Add cilantro, garlic pepper, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Finally, just before serving, add the spinach and cook until it is wilted.
Melt In Your Mouth Chicken (original recipe from Food.com)
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix mayonnaise, cheese and seasonings.
- Spread mixture over chicken breast and place in baking dish.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.