The other day I was throwing together a quick meal with a BBQ feel to it. I have added some BBQ sauce to the left over grilled chicken from the night before. Opened a can of Bush’s Best Maple Cured Bacon Baked Beans and started heating them up. I then remembered the store bought bag of prepared cole slaw mix (shredded green cabbage, carrots, and red cabbage) and realized I had everything for my easy cole slaw recipe. Such a simple meal that pleases my family is always a winner.
Today I am sharing the super easy cole slaw recipe. It is sweet and tangy. Enjoy!
- store prepared bag Cole Slaw Mix
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix cole slaw mix, onion, and bell pepper.
- In a container with a lid, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and vegetable oil. Put lid on container then shake well to mix the dressing ingredients.
- Add the dressing ingredients to the cole slaw mixture. Toss the cole slaw mix well until the vegetables are fully coated with the dressing.