This week I bought a 4.5 lb package of chicken legs. They were on sale and I knew I could find something to do with them. The result was tasty and approved by the whole family. Woo hoo. This glaze would be great for chicken wings. Also, next time I make these, I will have my hubby grill the chicken legs. I had cooked them in the oven. It was good, but I think grilling will be even better.
1. Gather your ingredients.
2. Make sure the chicken legs are adequately covered with the glaze, using freezer bags.
3. Place chicken legs on the cookie sheets.
4. and 5. Use remaining glaze to baste the legs, half way through the cooking process.
6. Take out of oven and get ready to eat!
- 4.5 lbs chicken legs
- 1½ cups orange marmalade
- 2-3 Tbsp sweet chili sauce (season to your taste)
- 1-2 Tbsp chili powder (season to your taste)
- Preheat oven 400.
- Wash and dry chicken legs
- In small mixing bowl, combine orange marmalade, sweet chili sauce, and chili powder.
- Place chicken legs in large freezer bags. For this amount of chicken, I used two large freezer bags. Add enough glaze mix to adequately cover each chicken leg. Close the bag and work the glaze over all the legs. Keep remaining glaze for later.
- If you have time, place the chicken legs in the fridge to marinate for 1-2 hours. They taste good without this step, but just add more flavor.
- Prepare two cookie sheets by covering them with aluminum foil. (Otherwise, you will have lots of cleaning to do after dinner. Ask me how I know. LOL.)
- Place the legs on the sheets.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until done. After the first 15 minutes, turn the legs over and baste with remaining glaze.
This recipe will work great with the chicken cooked in either the oven or on a grill. It is your preference.