If someone is sick, had surgery, came home with a new baby, or just having a rough time… we ladies at my church rally together and start cooking. It is what we do to help each other. Honestly, I am usually the ring leader as I create a meal organizer at CareCalendar.org to help organize the meals. As you all know, I enjoy cooking and know it is a way I can help. One of my favorite recipes to share is Cheesy Shells and Chicken.
Well, this past week the roles were reversed. I had surgery to remove skin cancer off my face. I also injured my shoulder limiting what I could do around the house. Having both happen at the same time, shut me down and left me useless. My friends rallied and brought meals and arranged play-dates for my daughter during the day. What a blessing!!!!
All the meals were great – but I have to tell you there was an awesome pasta dish which I HAD TO SHARE with you! My friend was gracious enough to share the link to the recipe she used. It was SO awesome and I cannot wait to make it myself. I also found the same recipe on KraftRecipes.com. I will be sharing the recipe from KraftRecipes.
This recipe calls for a product I have been curious about using. Now I know how good it is – PHILADELPHIA Italian Cheese and Herb Cooking Creme.
- 1tsp. oil
- 1lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tub (10 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Italian Cheese and Herb Cooking Creme
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cups cooked farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- HEAT oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook and stir 6 to 7 min. or until chicken is done. Stir in all remaining ingredients except bacon.
- SPOON into 1-1/2 qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; cover.
- BAKE 25 min. or until heated through, uncovering and sprinkling with bacon after 15 min.
My recovery is going well and I am so grateful for my friends who have come to the aide of my family.
FYI, over the next few weeks I will be taking a bit of a blog vacation. I will still be posting the linky tool, but probably won’t actually be sharing a recipe myself. I do not want to let you miss out on all the great recipes from our Tempt My Tummy community, so never fear – the linky tool will be up and running.