Who is ready for cooler weather? Me! Me! Me! Our temperature did drop some this weekend leaving the Midwest sunny in the mid 70′s. This just makes me ready for fall. Trying to move things along, as the cooler weather arrived, I cooked a very yummy and comforting soup. It was so good and a winner for our family. I wish I could remember where I found this recipe. I wrote it down about a year ago but never made it. I am so glad I finally tried it out. We will be adding this to the cool weather recipe rotation. I hope you enjoy. Woo hoo for White Bean Chicken Chili!
- 5½ cups Great Northern Beans or 3 – 15 oz cans Great Northern Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2- 8oz can chicken breast chunks
- small red onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 14 oz can chicken broth
- 1.25 oz Taco Seasoning packet
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2- 4.5 oz can chopped green chilies
- Pour beans, chicken, and onion in the slow cooker.
- In separate bowl add cream soup, chicken broth, taco seasoning, cumin, and green chilies and mix well.
- Pour soup mixture over beans and chicken. Stir and mix well.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.