My daughter, Grace, has been home sick for the past 4 days. She has been miserable each time that fever creeps back up. Because we have been home bound, I thought baking cookies may cheer her up. With no appetite, I was willing to try anything to get Grace to eat. My immediate thought was chocolate chip cookies… but OH NO! I was out of chocolate chips! I could not believe I let that happen. Then I saw the bag of butterscotch chips. YUMMO! I knew I could make something special with them. I found a recipe for oatmeal scotchies. The recipe was easy and I had all the ingredients. It was a winner for Grace, hubby, and myself. I think this has become a new favorite.
- 1 1/4 cup s all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick or old- fashioned oats
- 1 2/3 cup (11-oz pkg) butterscotch morsels
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl. Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in oats and butterscotch morsels.
- Spoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 7-8 minutes for chewy cookies; 9-10 minutes for crisp cookies.
These are so good…. I think I will quickly finish writing this post and go grab another cookie. I am so glad we still have a few left!
Do you have a favorite “go-to” cookie recipe?