I love banana bread. It is such a great thing to bring to one of my many morning activities with friends. I always thought I had a good recipe for my bananas. But, my friend, Beth, always has the perfect banana bread! I love when she brings her’s to our MOPS meetings, morning play dates, or bible study. I finally got a hold of her recipe!! Lucky for you! This bread is always moist and so good!
Best Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs. Add bananas, salt, and vanilla to creamed butter mixture. Mix until well blended.
- In another mixing bowl, sift flour and baking soda.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk to the batter.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. (0ptional)
- Pour in loaf pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
Yields 1 loaf or 22 small cupcakes. For cupcakes, bake only 20-25 minutes.