Tempt My Tummy …Best Banana Bread

by Lisa on October 8, 2012

I love banana bread.  It is such a great thing to bring to one of my many morning activities with friends.  I always thought I had a good recipe for my bananas.  But, my friend, Beth, always has the perfect banana bread!  I love when she brings her’s to our MOPS meetings, morning play dates, or bible study.  I finally got a hold of her recipe!! Lucky for you!  This bread is always moist and so good!

Best Banana Bread at BlessedWithGrace Blog

Best Banana Bread

•  1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk or 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
  • 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.  Butter and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.

1. Cream butter and sugar.
  2. Beat in eggs.  Add bananas, salt, and vanilla to creamed butter mixture.  Mix until well blended.
  3. In another mixing bowl, sift flour and baking soda.
  4. Alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk to the batter.
  5. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. (0ptional)
  6. Pour in loaf pan.
  7. Bake 40-45 minutes.

Yields 1 loaf or 22 small cupcakes.  For cupcakes, bake only 20-25 minutes.

Don’t miss out on any recipes.  Subscribe and receive Blessed With Grace in your email.  Also, join us on Facebook.

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor October 8, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Thanks so much for hosting, Lisa!

Miz Helen October 8, 2012 at 8:38 pm

The buttermilk and sour cream in your Banana Bread would make it so moist and delicious. Hope you have a great week and thanks for hosting!

Joan@Chocolate and More October 8, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Thanks for hosting, your banana bread looks great, especially with Chocolate chips!

Melissa @ The Alchemist October 9, 2012 at 12:36 am

Thanks for hosting! I just love banana bread, yours looks awesome!

I’ve linked up my banana pudding with nilla wafer crumble.

I wish you a great week!

Melissa @ The Alchemist

Paul October 9, 2012 at 2:38 am

The banana bread looks fantastic.
Thanks for hosting this link party. I’ve just submitted my post about Camping meal Ideas at: http://yourcampingexpert.com/five-easy-camping-recipes-everyone-will-love-simply-love-them/

I am also now following you on Pinterest and Twitter 🙂

April @ The 21st Century Housewife October 9, 2012 at 2:41 am

What a delicious looking banana bread! I’m looking forward to trying your friend’s recipe. This week I’ve shared my Honey Mustard Chicken for People Who Don’t Like Mustard. I love mustard, but my husband and son don’t, but this recipe works for us all. Thank you for hosting, and have a lovely week!

Kinzie October 9, 2012 at 6:01 am

Your blog is so darling! Thanks for hosting! Have a wonderful week!
Chloe & Kinzie
thebusybhive.blogspot.com

Diane Balch October 9, 2012 at 8:00 am

I love the addition of sour cream to your banana bread. It definitely looks like a really good recipe.

Anne-Marie Cain October 9, 2012 at 8:34 am

Thanks for hosting! I shared my recipe for “Twice-Baked” Faux-tatoes. Made from cauliflower, they are a delicious and low-carb alternative to potatoes.

Jo October 9, 2012 at 9:07 am

Oh yeah this is great banana bread recipe,anytime you throw a little chocolate in the mix…you got my attention.

madge | the vegetarian casserole queen October 11, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Bananas and chocolate are a great combination! Thanks for hosting…

Jenni@MomEssentials.Net October 12, 2012 at 12:40 am

Hi!
Thanks for letting me share my own recipe of tasty and delicious
Easy Potato Frittata!