Tempt My Tummy… Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder

by Lisa on October 22, 2012

With such a busy Fall schedule, I am looking to what is quick and tasty to help feed my family.  Today, I am making one of our Fall and Winter favorites.  Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder is so awesome!  I am so excited to be eating it tonight.  I previously  shared this recipe HERE in 2010.   I hope you will indulge me as I re-post it today.  I promise, you will love it!

Mexican Corn Chowder with Chicken-Recipe at http://www.blessedwithgrace.net

Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder

• 4 chicken breasts, (skinless and boneless)
  • 3 Tbsp butter
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
  • 2 cups half & half
  • 2 cups Monterrey jack (or Cheddar/Jack) cheese, shredded
  • 2 (14 oz) cans cream style corn
  • 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
  • 1/2 tsp. Tabasco
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped,

Cut chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Melt butter in large soup pot (or Dutch oven) over medium high heat; add chicken, onion, and garlic. Saute for 10 minutes. Stir in half & half, cheese, cream corn, green chilies (don’t drained), Tabasco, salt, and cumin. Cook over low heat, stirring often, for 15 minutes. Stir in cilantro and serve. (Makes 2 quarts)
(Another option, top with some fresh pico de gallo, instead of just cilantro.)

Don’t miss out on any recipes.  Subscribe and receive Blessed With Grace in your email.  Also, join us on Facebook.

Christie - Food Done Light October 22, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Thanks for hosting – happy to link up again

Miz Helen October 22, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Your Mexican Corn Chowder looks delicious. Hope you have a great week and thanks for hosting!

Michele @ Better Organized Living October 22, 2012 at 8:20 pm

This is a fabulous party. Thank you and have a great week!

Cynthia L. October 22, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Your Mexican Soup looks so good. I love soup in the winter time. I love a little spice in my food.

Thank you for sharing and hosting.

Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.blogspot.com

Mary @ Passionate Perseverance October 22, 2012 at 10:05 pm

This looks delish! My hubby love corn chowder and Mexican Food, so the combo will work in my house. Thanks for hosting!

Lisa October 22, 2012 at 10:40 pm

This looks delicious! Thanks so much for hosting!

The Busy Bee's October 23, 2012 at 6:00 am

We enjoy popping in and visiting your blog each week. Thanks so much for hosting. We would like to invite you to follow us and visit our blog at thebusybhive.blogspot.com
Have a great day!!
Chloe & Kinzie

Lydia (Thrifty, Frugal Mom) October 23, 2012 at 6:43 am

Thanks for hosting the link-up! I was also wondering if this soup is pretty hot, spice wise. I would love to try it but it looks like it could be a bit spicy and I’m guessing my 4 yr. old might not enjoy that! Maybe I can make it and cut back on the hot stuff.

Jerri October 23, 2012 at 7:40 am

Your chowder looks delicious! I’d love to try it!

Tiffany @ DontWastetheCrumbs October 23, 2012 at 9:59 am

Good Morning!

This week I shared another little-bother recipe – cinnamon swirl oat bread. So delicious with a smear of butter!

I also shared an article I wrote explaining how flour can go sour, and how grain bugs get into our food.
Have a great week!

Lisa October 23, 2012 at 4:42 pm

The bread sounds wonderful…. Also, I am looking forward to the good info on flour. Thanks for joining us today.

HungryLittleGirl October 23, 2012 at 10:29 am

Thanks so much for hosting!

Michelle October 23, 2012 at 10:49 am

Oooo that looks good! I make a similar corn chowder, but I love the addition of the Mexican twist and the protein of the corn. Yum! I’ll be making a version of this soon.

Lisa October 23, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Thanks Michelle. It is yummy. And, if you don’t like the heat – just leave out the Tabasco, but keep the green chilies and cumin. You still get that Mexican flavor. YUM!

Gabriela @ Renaissance Woman October 23, 2012 at 11:37 am

Hello Lisa! Thank you for being our hostess! Hmm I love all the fall selections here.

Today I linked my newest post, “A New England Breakfast”, where I share a scrumptious autumn breakfast and talk about how traveling changes your perspective!

Have a blessed week!

Lisa October 23, 2012 at 4:41 pm

That breakfast sounds wonderful. Thanks for joining us today.

Shelley October 23, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Can’t wait to try this! Looks perfect for a cozy fall dinner! My tummy is officially tempted!

Jenni@MomEssentials.Net October 24, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Hi!
Thanks for letting me share my own recipe of tasty and delicious
Healthy Homemade Pizza!