Tempt My Tummy… Pumpkin Bread

by Lisa on October 29, 2012

I love PUMPKIN BREAD!  Really, I love MOST things pumpkin.  I am not very discriminating when pumpkin is involved.  If it is pumpkin, I want to try it. Do you agree?

I know we are all seeing tons of pumpkin recipes posted on blogs, Facebook, and – OF COURSE- Pinterest.  I am thankful I did not have to go far for these recipes.  I want to tell you about two great pumpkin bread recipes.  One comes from a dear friend back in Texas.  The other is from Jerri at Simply Sweet Home blog who shared her delicious pumpkin bread recipe several weeks ago, here on Tempt My Tummy link up.  Like I have told you many times – I host Tempt My Tummy because I LOVE all your yummy recipes!

I was in need of some baking therapy on the day I made Jerri’s bread.  Do you ever get that way?  Baking is calming for me.  I love the ease of following a good recipe, knowing the results will be worth the effort.  And, to have a home smelling of pumpkin, nutmeg, all spice, cinnamon… what could be better? Oh – So- Good!  To try Jerri’s awesome pumpkin bread, please visit her blog and check out her recipe.  It was SO moist.  I doubled the recipe, as my husband was taking one loaf to a men’s bible study.  The other remained home- thank goodness!  It was awesome.

Two pumpkin bread recipes at Blessed With Grace Blog

The second pumpkin bread I am sharing is also great!  This recipe makes two large loafs.  Perfect! One to eat.  One to share!

Pumpkin Bread

• 3 1/2 c flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 3 c. sugar
  • 2/3 c. water
  • 1 c. oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 c. pumpkin
  • 2 c. nuts, optional

DIRECTIONS:

Cream sugar and oil.  Add eggs one at a time, beating after each egg.  Add combined dry ingredients, alternating with water.  Stir in pumpkin and nuts.  Cook in two large greased loaf pans at 350 for one hour.

So, what do you think?  Are you a pumpkin fan?  If so, what is your favorite pumpkin recipe?

Don’t miss out on any recipes.  Subscribe and receive Blessed With Grace in your email.  Also, join us on Facebook.

Lisa @akawest October 29, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Pumpkin bread is soooo yummy! Thanks for having the party!

Jerri October 29, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Hi Lisa. Thanks so much for your lovely words, and thank you for linking to me! I’m so glad you enjoyed the pumpkin bread. I hope others will try it out too!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace October 29, 2012 at 8:15 pm

You are welcome, Jerri. 🙂

Mary Beth @ Cupcakes and Crinoline October 29, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Hi Lisa ~ it is so good to link up this week….I feel like I came home….this was my very first linky party ever and you so sweetly explained to me what to do ~ I will always appreciate you for that and well, for being such a blessing! Have a wonderful week. hugs, mb

Lisa October 30, 2012 at 7:43 am

Welcome HOME MaryBeth!! 🙂

Miz Helen October 29, 2012 at 8:37 pm

That Pumpkin Bread looks so good. I am sharing my Mexican Rice Casserole for the party this week. Have a good week and thanks for hosting!

HungryLittleGirl October 29, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Thanks so much for hosting! Have a blessed week!

Stacy @ A Delightful Home October 29, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Thank you for hosting!

Lisa October 29, 2012 at 10:43 pm

This looks so good! I just love all things pumpkin, too. I shared my son’s Cocoa Fudge cake. 🙂 Please stop by and link this up with “Try a New Recipe Tuesday!” I’d love to have you join us.

Michele @ Better Organized Living October 30, 2012 at 5:24 am

Thanks for hosting and sharing that delicious pumpkin bread recipe!

Michele @ Better Organized Living

Anne-Marie Cain October 30, 2012 at 8:14 am

Thanks for hosting! I’m glad you like pumpkin, because here’s another pumpkin recipe! 🙂 This week I shared my recipe for my Personal Pumpkin Pie, a delicious grain-free and sugar-free dessert for one, made in the microwave in just a few minutes.

SharonMarie@ kitchengrapevine.com October 30, 2012 at 10:21 am

Yes, I am a huge fan of pumpkin!! Pumpkin pie is my favorite!! But love Pumpkin Bars, Pumpkin Bread and Pumpkin Cookies! Check out my website for recipes and I will be posting my recipe for Pumpkin Cookies on Thursday! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Chloe October 30, 2012 at 11:39 am

I love all the yummy pumpkin things this time of year too.
Thanks for hosting.
The Busy Bee’s.

Michelle October 30, 2012 at 11:58 am

It’s funny. I don’t THINK I like pumpkin, because I don’t like pumpkin pie. That said, I love pumpkin donuts (and make my own – yes, my recipe is posted) and pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins and pumpkin ice cream. Sooo maybe it’s a texture thing? This looks good though!

Charlotte Moore October 30, 2012 at 7:42 pm

This is the same recipe I have had for years. The only difference is mine has a scant teaspoon of mace and I make mine into 3 loaves. My oldest son and grandsons love this. It is so moist. I have never put the cream cheese frosting in it. It is so good plain.

The other recipe is almost the same just half the ingredients. Very similar.

Danielle @ Something Like Susie Homemaker October 30, 2012 at 8:21 pm

I looooove me some pumpkin! I think my favorite is Pumpkin Cheesecake. I make it at least 3 times during the fall. Thank you so much for hosting!

Jenni@MomEssentials.Net November 2, 2012 at 3:08 am

Hi!
Thanks for letting me share How to Have a Healthy Halloween!

Here’s the link: