I love finding new recipes! That is the whole reason I host this blog carnival each week! I do hope you find recipes which become great additions to your family menus. Last week, as I was digging through a few cookbooks and recipe cards, I came across one recipe I had always meant to make and then forgot about. I added it to my menu plan and the family loved it. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1/2 lb bacon (about 6 slices), cut up in to 1/2″ pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 c. white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot, following package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in olive oil in skillet until browned and crisp. Discard all but 1/4 c. oil in pan. Add wine and garlic and simmer uncovered about 5 minutes to reduce.
- In a small bowl, mix eggs and cheese together. Set aside.
- Drain cooked pasta (reserving 1/2 c. cooking water). Transfer pasta to a large bowl and add reserved water if dry.
- Pour egg mixture over hot pasta and toss together.
- Pour bacon mixture over pasta, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Serve immediately.