We are about one week ’til Christmas. That means my kitchen is full of all things necessary for baking and making Christmas cookies and candies. This year I also added something new…. Homemade Chai Tea mix. I found this recipe via Pinterest. I pinned it to my Christmas Ideas board knowing I wanted to try it. There are MANY recipes posted on Pinterest for Chai Tea. However, this recipe was SO easy to make, I recommend this one! My house smells wonderful after making a batch this afternoon. Check out the ingredients and you will see why the kitchen smells so nice.
Homemade Chai Tea Mix
- 1 cup dry powdered milk
- 1 cup non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1 cup French Vanilla flavored non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp clover
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- First wash and dry your air tight storage container.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix using a wire whisk.
- Next, add small portion at a time to a blender or food processor. Blend until it becomes a fine powder.
- Divide and store in air-tight containers. One batch made enough for these three containers.
Directions for making your mug of tea: ” Mix 3 tsp of the Chai Tea Mix into a mug of hot water.”
It was a busy afternoon in my kitchen. Once the tea was done, I moved onto Chocolate Peppermints. This was yet another recipe I found on Pinterest! These peppermints are like eating a York Peppermint Patty! What could be better? The wonderful blogger who first posted this gave such a great step by step tutorial, I am just going to point you to her blog (www.shewearsmanyhats.com.) Her pictures and directions and great. This is another super easy recipe!!! I am very excited to share these chocolate peppermints with my MOPS friends at our cookie exchange tomorrow. Below is a picture of my chocolate peppermints. They turned out great!
*** I will not be posting a Tempt My Tummy Tuesday post next week…since it is CHRISTMAS!!***