Tempt My Tummy…. Fun with Seamless Dough Sheets

by Lisa on December 10, 2012

I have discovered a product I LOVE!  Did you know that Pillsbury now makes  seamless dough sheets?  Oh, you can do so much with these sheets!! It is seamless crescent roll dough.  YUM!  My friend, Sarah, lathered Nutella all over a sheet, rolled it up, and baked it.  She then sliced it and served it with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.  YUM! Quick and easy.  I recently used the sheets to make a savory cream cheese sausage roll.  This was a great appetizer which I took to a girl’s night out.  Then, this past Saturday, I used a dough sheet to make simple cinnamon rolls.  They were great.

Cream Cheese and Sausage Rolls  at blessedwithgrace.net

Cream Cheese Sausage Rolls

Ingredients:

• 1 block cream cheese, softened
  • 1 lb ground sausage, browned
  • 1 sheet Pillsbury seamless dough sheet
  1. 1. Stretch a seamless dough sheet out.  I had mine of a rectangle cookie sheet.  Next mix the sausage and cream cheese together.
  2.    Spread the cream cheese/ sausage mixture on the dough.
  3.    Roll the dough and cream cheese mixture.  Then cut the dough into individual slices.
  4.   Bake the rolls at 400 for about 10 minutes.  Till turning golden brown.
  5.   Serve them up warm.

They are super easy and tasty!

I also used the dough to make cinnamon rolls.  Just roll out the dough.  Spread softened butter on the roll.  Then generously sprinkle a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon.  Roll it up.  Cut into slices and bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes.    I made an icing using 1 cup powdered sugar, a few drops of vanilla, and milk.

Easy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls - Blessed With Grace Blog

I am sure you have many great ideas using this versatile product.  I think the options are endless.  What are you cooking up?  Christmas will be here soon.  I bet you are busy baking something yummy or planning a special holiday meal.

Don’t miss out on any recipes.  Subscribe and receive Blessed With Grace in your email.  Also, join us on Facebook.

Christie - Food Done Light December 10, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Thanks for hosting. Happy to link up again.

Shirley Corwin December 10, 2012 at 9:09 pm

I’m so excited to hear that Pillsbury makes the seamless dough sheets now. I haven’t seen them. All these things sound delicious. And thanks for hosting!

Marti December 11, 2012 at 6:15 am

Lisa, That looks so yummy and so easy, who would have thought!? I would love for you to share this at my SHOW-licious Craft Showcase!

I hope to see you soon! :)

Marti

Diane Balch December 11, 2012 at 7:20 am

Thanks for telling us about the dough sheets Lisa. Have great week. Thanks for the party.

Evelyn @ My Turn (for us) December 11, 2012 at 8:14 am

Thank you for hosting:) Just pinned your awesome cream cheese sausage rolls.

Hope your week is filled with Blessings!

April @ The 21st Century Housewife December 11, 2012 at 8:22 am

I loved the cinnamon roll idea, and this recipe is wonderful too. What a great holiday appetizer – quick, easy and absolutely scrumptious! This week I’ve shared a Crispy Onion Chicken Casserole. Thank you for hosting :)

Miz Helen December 11, 2012 at 8:41 am

Good Morning Lisa,
I have not seen the seamless dough sheets and sure am glad that you have introduced them to me. I am going to have so much fun with that product. Hope you are having a great day and thanks for hosting.

Lorraine @ Cookin' For the Seven Dwarfs December 11, 2012 at 10:21 am

Thanks for hosting!! Just pinned Moose Poop :)

Lisa December 11, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Thanks so much for hosting! What a great idea! Id love for you to come and share with us at “Try a New Recipe Tuesday!” I shared my chocolate chip cookies that are a staple at our house this time of year. :-) I hope you have a wonderful week.

Lea December 14, 2012 at 7:18 pm

I love cinnamon rolls. Especially when paired with coffee. Thank you for sharing the recipe :)