I have discovered a product I LOVE! Did you know that Pillsbury now makes seamless dough sheets? Oh, you can do so much with these sheets!! It is seamless crescent roll dough. YUM! My friend, Sarah, lathered Nutella all over a sheet, rolled it up, and baked it. She then sliced it and served it with a sprinkling of powdered sugar. YUM! Quick and easy. I recently used the sheets to make a savory cream cheese sausage roll. This was a great appetizer which I took to a girl’s night out. Then, this past Saturday, I used a dough sheet to make simple cinnamon rolls. They were great.
Cream Cheese Sausage Rolls
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb ground sausage, browned
- 1 sheet Pillsbury seamless dough sheet
- 1. Stretch a seamless dough sheet out. I had mine of a rectangle cookie sheet. Next mix the sausage and cream cheese together.
- Spread the cream cheese/ sausage mixture on the dough.
- Roll the dough and cream cheese mixture. Then cut the dough into individual slices.
- Bake the rolls at 400 for about 10 minutes. Till turning golden brown.
- Serve them up warm.
They are super easy and tasty!
I also used the dough to make cinnamon rolls. Just roll out the dough. Spread softened butter on the roll. Then generously sprinkle a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll it up. Cut into slices and bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes. I made an icing using 1 cup powdered sugar, a few drops of vanilla, and milk.
I am sure you have many great ideas using this versatile product. I think the options are endless. What are you cooking up? Christmas will be here soon. I bet you are busy baking something yummy or planning a special holiday meal.